Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashes on update library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Been using XBMC for years now and had no problems. Lately (like just today) it will now crash when doing a library scan for movies. In the crash log I get this:

15:48:41 T:2982501232 M:592703488 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
15:48:42 T:2982501232 M:592703488 ERROR: convert_checked failed from CP1252 to UTF-8//IGNORE, errno=84

The scan will start and the progress moves a few times, then black screen with X and xbmc will restart.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I think themoviedb.org is the scanner.

Cheers.
I'm responding as I had the same issue and fixed it.

From what I can tell that error is related to scanning archives. If it's not able to scan the contents it sort of breaks.

In my case, I have usenet download stuff for me, when a nzb fails to unpack it will create a folder in the destination and drop the contents of the nzb which is a collection or rar, par2, and other files. I had 4 of these folders in a directory, after deleting these folders I was able to run an update successfully.

As such, you'll want to check your library and look for any recent files/folders created and examine them. Verify that any archives within are complete and not corrupt, also check for any special characters in the filename (really shouldn't be any as that's bad practice).

For reference, this is what my log looked like: http://pastebin.com/JnfkRt3X