Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback problems when audio channels change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First-off I'd like to say a big THANKS for the hard work that is going into 4therecord, XBMC and the client that connects them. However, I'm having a small problem that is affecting the wife-approval-factor of my setup, and if I can't sort it out we may be going back to Windows Media Center - please help!

I have 4therecord and argus running on a HP Microserver, with a BlackGold BGT9620 DVB-T2 card to do the recording. I then have XBMC Eden Beta 1 running with the 4TR client on a Windows 7 HTPC in the lounge (installed from here - http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcel ... build.html)

The system worked great while we away over Christmas - taking recording instructions from the 4TR Android app (yay!) and reliably following them. However, I have problems with the audio on recordings from BBC1 HD. This has happened twice, with "Ratatouille" and "Monsters vs Aliens". In both cases the recording starts a few mins early with the audio working just fine on a trailer for "The Gurffalo's Child", but then the audio cuts out just before the film starts. I suspect this is because the audio format changes from 2.0 to 5.1 and xbmc can't keep up, but can't be sure.

I did somehow manage to get the Ratatouille to work by stopping and starting playback in XBMC, so I think this is a playback issue rather than a recording issue.

I've tried playback of the .ts file with VLC. The video is jerky as hell and originally had the same audio issue, but I changed the audio track from 'Track 1' to 'Disabled' and back again during playback, and the audio popped into life!

I've checked VLC's 'Media Information' screen.
At the start of the recording, Stream 1 has Channels=Stereo
During the film, Stream 1 has Channels=3F2R/LFE
All of the other stream data seems consistent

Eden's debug log is full of these:
Code:
        15:23:59 T:1888   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio::Process - Decode Error
15:23:59 T:1888   ERROR: ffmpeg[760]: [aac_latm] channel element 0.0 is not allocated
15:23:59 T:1888   ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio::DecodeFrame - Decode Error. Skipping audio packet
15:23:59 T:1888   ERROR: ffmpeg[760]: [aac_latm] channel element 0.0 is not allocated
15:23:59 T:1888   ERROR: CDVDPlayerAudio::DecodeFrame - Decode Error. Skipping audio packet

I'm guessing that XBMC always checks the audio streams at the beginning of the file, whereas VLC checks at the current position.

I would be very grateful for any pointers!

cheers
Russ
anyone?

*sniff*