Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC EPG Info Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to the whole XBMC thing (ditched Boxee in favour of XBMC). I saw the ability for PVR so I set up as follows:
-xbmc-11.0-Eden_beta1_pvr-margro
-MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.2_FINAL
-MediaPortal_v121_TVServerXBMC_plugin_bin_rev109
-SchedulesDirectPlugin-MPSVN27679-svn26

If I use the Media Portal frontend all EPG info is there and channel order is as configured on the TV Server backend.

Using XBMC and the tsreader add-on, all channels are available, however the channel order is messed up and EPG information is missing for many channels.

Any idea why this is happening? :confused2::confused2: Or how to fix it?:confused2::confused2:
This is annoying, happens a lot on initial setup... First off, go to xbmc tv settings, make sure 'do not store epg in database' is unchecked. Then change the refresh interval for epg to 15 mins. and make sure allow epg updates while streaming is checked.

Now, exit xbmc and re-open xbmc. Make sure these settings are saved, then exit again.

Open explorer, go to 'c:/users/*youruser*/app data/roaming/xbmc/user data/database/' something along those lines anyways. Delete the epg db file (if it's there) then relaunch xbmc and let it idle for a while, it should pull the epg data.

This worked or me.

Another tip, if this does not work. Open media portals tvserver settings program, adjust the refresh interval of the epg scan time to something like 2mins, check allow epg grab while timeshifting and check 'always try to fill holes'. Then go to manual control, and wait. The adapter will light up red after idle for a few seconds and start grabbing epg for channels. Politely wait for this to finish (can take a while) then re open xbmc and see what happens.
For channel order , use context menu on the channel you want to move. Click move, and select it position number!

If you try to do this in 'channel manager' the settings won't save. It's always been buggy.
Thanks for the help, however it did not work. I even removed xbmc and deleted all directories and started fresh following your suggestions and I could never import all the info. What I ended up doing was installing xbmc on a networked computer and trying to see if it could pull the epg info properly and for some reason it did. On top of that, it pulled the channels in the correct order. However I was unable to stream tv content ( i suspect a backend issue or firewall issue). So what I did was grab the users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc folder and copied it whole to my mediacenter pc and voila problem fixed. However. I have no idea why one pc pulls the info properly and the other does not. the only thing I could see differently was that the remote pc was following the proper channel order when downloading epg info and the mediacenter pc was following a random order.

All I know is that it seems to be working for now. Thanks.

p.s Will there be any timeshifting support in the live tv portion of xbmc?:confused2:
There will... Eventually. Not on the cards yet however.
I suggest you install ReFocus skin. It's the nicest skin there is and it will support pausing (for mediaportal plugin) at least.