Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] Anyway to do a shutdown from XBMC that shuts off ATV2 with Harmony One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Harmony One that I use as a remote to my ATV2. Currently I still have the ATV2 front end and go into XBMC.

On my Harmony, when I shut down, it shuts down XBMC, but leaves the ATV2 on. I was wondering if there is a command I could add to shut it down completely.

I was trying to figure out how to add 2 shutdown commands to the ATV2, but could not figure that out. There was no default command for that in Harmony One.

Any help would be appreciated.
In System settings, System, Power saving check the "Shutdown function" setting. If this set to "Shutdown" tehn when you shut down XBMC it will shutdown the ATV2 as well.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:In System settings, System, Power saving check the "Shutdown function" setting. If this set to "Shutdown" tehn when you shut down XBMC it will shutdown the ATV2 as well.

JR

Nope not on atv2 afair Wink
Can you set the hard OFF button to shut down ATV2? If so, you can add an "ALT+F4" in the sequence to close XBMC first.

I have mine set up this way because putting my HTPC to sleep with XBMC opens causes XBMC to act funny when I turn the HTPC back on. I included the "ATL+F4" command upon powering off so now it does that to close XBMC and then puts the HTPC to sleep.

FYI: You'll have to use device MCE SE (special edition) to find the ALT+F4 command.
if you do 'shutdown' the atv2, how do you plan on starting it up again ?
davilla Wrote:if you do 'shutdown' the atv2, how do you plan on starting it up again ?

I guess I mean sleep. Not full shutdown.

Maybe I explaining it wrong.

Let's say I am in XBMC. If I switch to a separate function (IE: Watch TV) what will happen is that XBMC will exit out to the main ATV2 screen. It will not actually go to sleep, or off, or whatever it is called when you hold the center button on the ATV2 remote down for 3 seconds and the light goes off on the ATV2.

If I am in ATV2 and I go to another function, ATV2 will go to sleep, or off or whatever it is called when you hold the center button down for 3 seconds.

What I am thinking is putting a 15 minute timer for ATV2 to shutdown on. Will ATV2 realize that XBMC is running and not shutdown?

Do you guys recommend leaving ATV2 on all the time? By on, I mean the light on the ATV2 is on.

Thanks,
xbmc blocks both screensaver and shutdown from frontrow. The reason (as explained many times) is frontrow will pop xbmc off as the active controller. When this happens, we are forced to quit. We quit by exiting because we can't quit clean. When we exit, we cause frontrow to die, then it relaunches and there you are.

6 watts, that's what the atv2 consumes. Personally, I don't care about 6 watts as that's the least of any devices I have running or 'sleeping'