Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2013-07-04, 18:47)thecgmguy Wrote: [ -> ]This could very well just be me misunderstanding things but...

I have XMBC 12.2 for Windows 7 (media stored locally). I have the library auto-update add- on installed and configured to update / clean every two hours.

The update works fine for the most part however the "Recent Movies" and "Recent TV Shows" page doesn't display all of my recent items. Sometimes I'll see only a few of the items that I recently copied over... and yet, when I check the main movie list page (the full list -- not recent items) I see everything I added... so I know the scraper is working and finding them.

What am I missing?

A forum member suggested checking Service.py file for 1channel and fix a spelling error but I'm reasonably certain that they're thinking of a different addon.

What information can I provide that would be helpful in troubleshooting this?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order
(2013-07-04, 20:36)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order

AHHHHHHHHHH! I'll give that a try. That's very likely it.

Thank you!

-M
Hi Guys,

I was watching Live TV and the stream slowing came to a grinding halt. (pixelated for a few minutes before going black and returning to the home screen). I then noticed the pop-up indicated the database would be rescanned in in 3hrs 59mins.

I haven't had a chance to try and reproduce or grab a log, but is it possible the auto updater to run whilst watching live tv? or is live tv play back treated the same as regular video playback?

Cheers,

Brian
Hi. Nice add on. Thanks for the nice work.
Is it possible to add an option to export library to separete files whenever the library is updated?
I like to keep infos of the movies and tv shows in the same folder and XBMC does not have an automatic way of doing that.

Thanks in advance
(2013-07-24, 11:58)lucfig Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Nice add on. Thanks for the nice work.
Is it possible to add an option to export library to separete files whenever the library is updated?
I like to keep infos of the movies and tv shows in the same folder and XBMC does not have an automatic way of doing that.

Thanks in advance

That's an interesting idea. Not sure if that functionality belongs here though, the export process doesn't run in the background so you'd get a dialog box on your screen for the length of the export. For people who add to their library frequently this is an extra 5-10 minutes they may find their system unusable.

Here is what you can do though. I found that XBMC does have a built in command for exporting the music and video libraries. Here is the command and description from the wiki:

Code:
exportlibrary(music,false,filepath)     The music library will be exported to a single file stored at filepath location.
exportlibrary(video,true,thumbs,overwrite,actorthumbs)     The video library is exported to multiple files with the given options. Here thumbs, overwrite and actorthumbs are boolean values (true or false).

Using this command and the CronXBMC addon you could schedule the export of the video library yourself. This would give you the automatic feature you were looking for. It wouldn't be every time the library was updated, but you could modify your schedule for once or twice a day and still be relatively in sync.

Here is a link to the CronXBMC addon, it is not in the official repo. The first post explains that the GUI is unfinished, but since then a workable interface has been designed and included. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124888
(2013-07-24, 15:41)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting idea. Not sure if that functionality belongs here though, the export process doesn't run in the background so you'd get a dialog box on your screen for the length of the export. For people who add to their library frequently this is an extra 5-10 minutes they may find their system unusable.

Here is what you can do though. I found that XBMC does have a built in command for exporting the music and video libraries. Here is the command and description from the wiki:

Code:
exportlibrary(music,false,filepath)     The music library will be exported to a single file stored at filepath location.
exportlibrary(video,true,thumbs,overwrite,actorthumbs)     The video library is exported to multiple files with the given options. Here thumbs, overwrite and actorthumbs are boolean values (true or false).

Using this command and the CronXBMC addon you could schedule the export of the video library yourself. This would give you the automatic feature you were looking for. It wouldn't be every time the library was updated, but you could modify your schedule for once or twice a day and still be relatively in sync.

Here is a link to the CronXBMC addon, it is not in the official repo. The first post explains that the GUI is unfinished, but since then a workable interface has been designed and included. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124888

Thanks. I will try CronXBMC addon.
I have found that command before and placed it at the autoexec.py script and it works OK for me as it runs before the skin is fully loaded. I marked "overwrite" as false and the export is pretty quick.

Would be great if XBMC could run it on background. I think I will keep the export only at startup as I agreen with you, it should be annoying to suddenly have an popup stopping you from doing whatever you were doing.
Would someone be kind enough to create a simple how to on how to set this up?

So far I've managed to install the add-on, download putty and logged on to my Pi but after that I'm totally lost with what to do next.

I would like to update everything at 07:00 every day and set it not to run during play back.
(2013-07-31, 13:35)sublow Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone be kind enough to create a simple how to on how to set this up?

So far I've managed to install the add-on, download putty and logged on to my Pi but after that I'm totally lost with what to do next.

I would like to update everything at 07:00 every day and set it not to run during play back.

To modify the addon settings you shouldn't need to ssh into your system. Once the addon is downloaded and installed you'll have to find it in the XBMC Programs list. Most skins have this listed as "Programs" or "Addons" from the main home screen. Once you find it open up the context menu and select "Addon Settings". You should be able to change all of the settings to what you need from here.
Looks like I was over thinking it Wink

Works like a charm thank you.
I have my MySQL-database and my media files on a NAS, which is shutdown at night.

What will happen when the library Updater is trying to update (and clean!) the database and neither of those of available?

And which setting should I use exactly?
A video update should simply fail since it can't find the paths, a music update may wipe your library. As far as a clean goes, if you have the "check paths" option selected in this addon it should gracefully fail the cleaning process and not cause you any issues. The only time I know of this hasn't worked was on Windows systems in the past, something to do with the path returning true even when it wasn't there. I do believe this has been fixed with the release of Frodo.

There are a few things you could try to avert disaster with your library. The easiest would just be to turn off xbmc too at night, this way nothing will happen. If you miss a library update it will kick in after xbmc has turned back on. Another option would be to schedule the addon to run scans only during times you know your NAS is on. Use a Cron trigger, something like "*/15 6-18 * * *" (this will run every fifteen minutes between 6am and 6pm). I'd also recommend you export your full library before attempting to let a clean operation kick off while the NAS is unavailable.
Thanks, the cron job sounds like a good idea and it seems to work perfectly! Smile
Im not sure if this has been asked before, so I apologise if it has.

I'm fairly new to XBMC as I used to use MediaPortal extensively, but one thing that MediaPortal did well was auto update the video and music libraries should there be any new content added to the designated folders. No manual or timed scanning was required. It somehow saw the change to the directory and scanned the new content.
Is there no way that XBMC can do this?
There is a Directory Watchdog add on maintained by another author. Last time I looked at it there were some restrictions regarding how your sources were connected but those may be sorted out now. I believe that add on is in the official repo too.
Hi! I have a problem with script. My version is 0.8. When the script start returns an error. error: ......... : manual.py.
If I start from command line manual.py I receive this: ImportError: No module named xbmcgui .
Can you help me please? It is very very very very very very important!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32