Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(2019-07-30, 17:36)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 21:27)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 14:53)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 11:04)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Hhhm, I'm afraid not:

Thanks for trying that. Based on what I'm seeing I don't even think the library update service is running. There are a number of log messages specifically from the addon you should be seeing when running a manual run that just aren't happening. Are you sure the service is even running? Here is a link to my debug log during a manual run like you did. Notice the debug messages about starting both the video and clean operations? If those aren't there then the addon isn't "driving" the process.

https://paste.kodi.tv/kabupaqoya.kodi

Hi Rob,
I think it has something to do with the Milhouse builds for Kodi.
For something else, I went to the stable build, and I immediately saw the clean process running after the scan-after-boot.
(2019-07-30, 17:38)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-30, 17:36)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 21:27)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ] 
Hi Rob,
I think it has something to do with the Milhouse builds for Kodi.
For something else, I went to the stable build, and I immediately saw the clean process running after the scan-after-boot. 
Interesting. Good to know in case others see issues. Wonder what would be so different about those builds? Thanks for all the follow up trying to track this issue down.
Hi,

I noticed since a few weeks ago when I updated the script that 1.0.4 doesnt work with just custom paths.
I have 1.0.2 and there I can have update videolibrary unchecked and choose what paths I want to have updated. But in latest version its greyed out when its unchecked. And when its checked it scans the whole library.
(2019-09-02, 17:15)madsession Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I noticed since a few weeks ago when I updated the script that 1.0.4 doesnt work with just custom paths.
I have 1.0.2 and there I can have update videolibrary unchecked and choose what paths I want to have updated. But in latest version its greyed out when its unchecked. And when its checked it scans the whole library.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had to go back and look at a bunch of the code for those versions and compare just to confirm it all. You're correct, in 1.0.2 you could edit the custom paths separate and they would run independent if if the music/video toggle was on in the settings. At some point during the past few updates this was tied to the video/music full scan settings. 

I'm currently working on a PR for Leia and will add this change to it.
(2019-09-03, 15:43)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for pointing that out. I had to go back and look at a bunch of the code for those versions and compare just to confirm it all. You're correct, in 1.0.2 you could edit the custom paths separate and they would run independent if if the music/video toggle was on in the settings. At some point during the past few updates this was tied to the video/music full scan settings. 

Thanks for your help. Good thing it was just an error because this is the best addon I could find years ago that you can choose to update just the sources you want Smile

Just a correction to what you wrote above. In 1.0.2 it scans the custom paths when the toggle is off.
If its on I would assume it does a Full scan and a custom scan.
(2019-09-03, 17:49)madsession Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-03, 15:43)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your help. Good thing it was just an error because this is the best addon I could find years ago that you can choose to update just the sources you want Smile

Just a correction to what you wrote above. In 1.0.2 it scans the custom paths when the toggle is off.
If its on I would assume it does a Full scan and a custom scan. 

Exactly. Probably didn't explain it well but that's what I meant. The toggle doesn't have any bearing on the custom paths. As long as you set them up they'll run. I've fixed this in the master version on Github. Hopefully will be merged in soon.
Version 1.1.0 now available for Leia+ versions of Kodi in the official repo. Some small fixes (custom paths now fixed per above!) as well as python 2/3 compatibility. This will make the Library Updater addon compatible with future versions of Kodi as things transition to python 3.
Is it possible for this add-on to update each show/movie as it’s found? The scans take 15-20 minutes minimum. So each time we access kodi on the fire stick, we sit waiting for the scan to finish and it’s truly annoying that it’s so slow. If the shows were updated as found we could watch something while the scan completes. You can see it finding shows in the status message but still have to wait.
(2019-11-27, 03:51)mdedmon Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible for this add-on to update each show/movie as it’s found? The scans take 15-20 minutes minimum. So each time we access kodi on the fire stick, we sit waiting for the scan to finish and it’s truly annoying that it’s so slow. If the shows were updated as found we could watch something while the scan completes. You can see it finding shows in the status message but still have to wait.

The quick answer to your question is "No", sorry. 

A more descriptive answer is that Kodi does it's best within the scanner function to determine what directories have changed since the last time it has ran to avoid long wait times on the scan operations. This addon simply puts a timer around the scanner. On my own system (4+TB of data) a scan takes no more than 2 minutes if a new file is found and less than 30 seconds if nothing has been added, so the logic here must work fairly well. 

When you say "each time we access Kodi" it leads me to believe that Kodi isn't running all the time. Perhaps I'm wrong here but if that's the case nothing is really going to help you. If you set the addon for say, once every 6 hrs and turned on the "Only run when idle" option the scanner would only run when you aren't using the system. If you are leaving Kodi running all the time and just have an issue with things happening on a timer I'd recommend looking at the Watchdog addon instead. It's purpose is to explicitly watch your source directories and kick off a scan when it finds things. Again this will only run when Kodi is running, and I have no idea of the resource intensiveness so you'll have to experiment on how it functions with an Amazon Fire Stick.
I'm trying to run version 1.1.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with LibreELEC 9.2 with the option "Check if sources exist" but the addon gives an error when doing a manual scan:
Quote:2020-03-01 12:25:53.410 T:2239697776 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(70, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/manual.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/manual.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE

If I leave the "Check if sources exist" option disabled it works normally.
Everytime I restart, this library want to update. How do I disable Update on startup? In my kodi settings, Update on startup is already disabled. I set the cron time to update at 2am. I also set delay at startup to 5 minutes. what else i need to do to prevent update on startup?
(2019-09-04, 16:54)robweber Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.1.0 now available for Leia+ versions of Kodi in the official repo. Some small fixes (custom paths now fixed per above!) as well as python 2/3 compatibility. This will make the Library Updater addon compatible with future versions of Kodi as things transition to python 3.

Can you please fix an issue with this addon in that after it finished scanning, if a source is temporary not available (e.g. another PC that has the videos was offline)
it will say "Do you want to keep or remove the source" location and two buttons showing "keep" and "remove"
The problem is if I press the "back" button it will take this action the same as choosing to "remove" the source location
and then begin do a cleanup of the library which would take a long time and wipe my entire movie database clean.

So by default, it should only remove the source if we choose the button "remove"
and no other buttons (e.g. back button) should take this as choosing "remove"
(2020-03-01, 13:40)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to run version 1.1.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with LibreELEC 9.2 with the option "Check if sources exist" but the addon gives an error when doing a manual scan:
Quote:2020-03-01 12:25:53.410 T:2239697776 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(70, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/manual.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/manual.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE

If I leave the "Check if sources exist" option disabled it works normally.

This has to do with how the manual scan option is loaded into memory. It is just a warning and doensn't really hurt anything. I could break the classes apart a bit though to stop this from happening. I've logged it as a Github issue. Thanks.

(2020-04-03, 21:07)publicENEMY Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime I restart, this library want to update. How do I disable Update on startup? In my kodi settings, Update on startup is already disabled. I set the cron time to update at 2am. I also set delay at startup to 5 minutes. what else i need to do to prevent update on startup?

The update on startup option stops Kodi from doing an update on startup, but not this addon specifically. My guess as to what is happening is you're missing the scheduled 2am update and then when Kodi restarts it is trying to make up for the fact that it missed the update time. If that isn't what you're seeing please make an issue on Github with a debug log of your startup procedure where I can see the addon functioning.
(2020-05-10, 07:19)madmax2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please fix an issue with this addon in that after it finished scanning, if a source is temporary not available (e.g. another PC that has the videos was offline)
it will say "Do you want to keep or remove the source" location and two buttons showing "keep" and "remove"
The problem is if I press the "back" button it will take this action the same as choosing to "remove" the source location
and then begin do a cleanup of the library which would take a long time and wipe my entire movie database clean.

So by default, it should only remove the source if we choose the button "remove"
and no other buttons (e.g. back button) should take this as choosing "remove"

What you are seeing here is actually built in to Kodi and doesn't have to do with this addon, sorry. When the library can process is kicked off from this addon it just calls the built-in Kodi function. That includes this prompt. If you check the "check if sources exist" option the addon will check if all sources exist and skip the scan if any one of them is missing. This would remove the pop-up but also not scan anything.
I use Kodi on a Vero 4k, and the Library Auto Updater crashes kodi when the automatic cleaning of the library is switched on. My libraries are auto-mounted NFS shares. Automatic updating is not a problem, but as soon as I turn the automatic cleaning on, kodi will crash on the next scan. Mostly in idle.

In the log, I can find this error message: http://paste.osmc.tv/etisehequf

How can I automatically clean the library without crashing kodi?

Thanks alot.
(2020-06-23, 18:39)stueja Wrote: [ -> ]I use Kodi on a Vero 4k, and the Library Auto Updater crashes kodi when the automatic cleaning of the library is switched on. My libraries are auto-mounted NFS shares. Automatic updating is not a problem, but as soon as I turn the automatic cleaning on, kodi will crash on the next scan. Mostly in idle.

In the log, I can find this error message: http://paste.osmc.tv/etisehequf

How can I automatically clean the library without crashing kodi?

Thanks alot.

Thanks for the log information. Unfortunately that error is being thrown by a different addon - script.module.osmcsetting.updates. It's doing it on the abortRequested function, which typically is only run when Kodi calls for a shutdown. 

Have you tried just running the clean operation manually from within Kodi and seeing what happens? When I timer is triggered this addon is just executing the built in Clean command that Kodi would use anyway. If that runs successfully then I'd need a further debug log of right up before the crash to see what is happening. it could be some part of the Python code, before the clean operation starts, is causing an error but under normal circumstances that would just cause the addon to fail. If Kodi itself is crashing it is more likely something within the Kodi application itself is encountering a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32