Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with BluRay Structure detection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I hope someone here can help me, I am currently looking at replacing a popcorn C-200 with XBMC on a mac-mini, and so far all is good except for a slight problem with any blu-ray rips I have made.

These rips are BDMV and Certificate folder structures and I cannot seem to get them to scan correctly.

An example is the movie highlander.

Folder Structure is as follows:

Movies
.....\Highlander
......\........\BDMV
......\........\Certificate
......\........\Highlander.nfo

Highlander.nfo contains:

<movie>
<title>Highlander</title>
<set>Highlander Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Highlander 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8009-highlander

The problem is then during scanning it seems to find many highlanders.

After scanning, my movie list contains multiple highlanders, with a lot of them different time lengths (i am talking 20-30 highlanders)

What I think is happening, is the scan is finding the movie once for each language, and one for each extra, but I could be wrong.

Is there a way I can get the system to only see the Movie, or at least only see the movie?

Or do I need to somehow convert the file structure to an ISO or similar (and if so how on a mac)?

Or do I need to re-rip the original disc in another way, using another method (my least preferred option as I have a lot of BR with this problem, but could be done if needed)

Hope you can help a newbie to XBMC

Thanks

Darren
For 9/10's of the time take the largest m2ts file in BDMV\STREAM and transcode to mkv using handbrake.

Simple solution.

Your popcorn hour may reading the PLAYLIST files.