Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automatic NFO generating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Folks
Is there an option to let XBMC automatic generate NFO files, when it updates my Library?
Not that I know of, but you could use export library to seperate files option.
Mudislander Wrote:Not that I know of, but you could use export library to seperate files option.

I think you can automate that using scripts
Martijn Wrote:I think you can automate that using scripts

Looking forward to your next script !! Big Grin
Martijn Wrote:I think you can automate that using scripts

Would be nice to have one Smile
I have multiple XBMC instances in my home, if NFOs would be generated automatically i´d only have to scrape the infos once. No, I don´t want to use mysql Wink
LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Would be nice to have one Smile
I have multiple XBMC instances in my home, if NFOs would be generated automatically i´d only have to scrape the infos once. No, I don´t want to use mysql Wink

I seem to remember there being an advancedsettings option to auto export when updating but I didn't see it in the Wiki..may have been a few years and versions ago. Although a script will work I think using the XBMC functions the entire library will get exported every time you run it not just the new items.

You could also use something like Media Center Master set in XBMC mode which will look for new media and create the nfo's and metadata. I've played with it a bit on a WMC box and it works good.

Sickbeard also has an option to add metadata but it's more for media that's been added through it's own interface. It does have an option to process and existing folder but it's nothing that can be automated.