Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Flirc on XBMC live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, folks!

Just wondering... will this Flirc thing work on XBMC live (and, presumably, on a hypothetical Raspberry Pi build also)?

I find it a great solution.

According to this, it does, but I wanted some more intel on the issue.

Thanks for your time, dudes.
john.doe Wrote:Hi there, folks!

Just wondering... will this Flirc thing work on XBMC live (and, presumably, on a hypothetical Raspberry Pi build also)?

I find it a great solution.

According to this, it does, but I wanted some more intel on the issue.

Thanks for your time, dudes.

Hey, my name is Jason, I'm actually the creator, tech support, developer, and guy behind it. Yup, Flirc will work on anything that supports a USB keyboard. The premise is you are actually pairing your remote with keyboard keys, as every media center supports this. So as long as you pair it on one machine that you can install the GUI, you can then take flirc to any machine and it will work with your previously paired remote. You can check out our forums, or email me directly through the site.
as Jason says..

i bought one from him a month ago... it's brilliant, really is Smile

i couldn't get my head around LIRC with my MCE remote, so one
of the other guys on here recommended the flirc dongle to me.

well recommended!!

Ste
Thanks for the good feedback. I say it a million times, but that will never be enough. It's the positive feedback that make all the hard work worth it.
+1
Have had mine working with LIVE for over 6months... no other way to fly.
Yes it will work great with live, I paired mine up with the harmony 650 and haven't looked back.
Adding another positive review for the FLIRC. IT.JUST.WORKS. Cool
I have one setup on my main HTPC running full Ubuntu/XBMC paired with a Harmony remote and it's flawless. I just ordered a second one that will go on an ATV running Crystalbuntu XBMC and will be used with the tv remote.