Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NAS Set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a WD MYbook with some ovf my media on (still sorting it all out)

I have a JB AppleTV 2 and XBMC on it. I have tried to map XBMC to the NAS and can only do it as "Zeroconfig Browser"

Are there any disadvantages doing it this way compared to the other options (SMBC etc)

My files are .avi files, and some .mkv files. The only thing I have noticed is they are not scraping correctly, but I think thats my file naming.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Bob
I prefer SMB shares on Windows PC's and NFS or SAMBA on linux. You may need write permissions while scraping to store information along with the media for easier re-scraping. You can also use the amber media manager to scrape outside of xbmc with more options to choose the right movie, fanart, thumbs, create movie sets etc. Works great and gives a lot more control.
I have changed it to SMB, I will play with it this weekend.

Thanks
I would also recommend using the direct network path to your SMB share over mapping it to a windows drive.

Reason: direct network paths are more stable, windows mappings can disappear etc. upon connectivity and other problems...
I have \\serveraddress\media\sharedmedia\videos.

Just got to sort out the scraping now...