Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] 1080p50 MTS stuttering on Revo ION PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version: xbmc-9.11-live-repack.iso ('Built on Dec 24 2009 (SVN:26018)') installed to HDD
Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo R3610 Desktop, Intel Atom Dual Core N330, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD,HDMI, GeForce 9400 with 'UMA Frame Buffer Size' set to 512MB in the BIOS

I've been using this setup for a couple of years with great success but recently I've found a problem when trying to play back 1080p 50fps 'MTS' files from a Panasonic camcorder. The video plays but with lots of stuttering and frame drops.

I've generated an XBMC debug log for a sample file here

The Mediainfo for the file is here

The sample file itself can be found here

I am accessing the file from an SMB share but I don't think this is a factor as other devices on the network (Windows PC, a Sony Bluray player and an HDX1000 NMT) can all play the file fine.

My question is: is my Revo hardware simply not powerful enough to handle such a file or is there something I can tweak to get it to work?

Things I've tried:
1) using the latest release of XBMC Live (xbmc-10.1-live.iso) booted from a USB pen drive: same result
2) converting the MTS file to an MP4 file using ffmpeg to copy the video stream: same result

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
My old 9400 played a 1080p50 at approx 42fps. After having installed a second RAM module in order to get dual channel it hit the 50fps.
Officially nvidia GPUs support h.264 level 4.1. Your file is 4.2. though there is a good chance that it plays well on more powerful hardware.
Anyway your HW is at its limits.
Thanks for the reply, that was helpful.

I think I need to go read up on the differences between the h264 levels to see if there's any easy way of transcoding down to 4.1 and what the quality loss will be.