Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help a new guy! (please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I've just discovered XBMC and it seems like this wonderful program could solve every problem I've ever had with digital media but I'm having a few problems that I hope you guys would be willing to help with. I've tried my best with the search button but I haven't found anything that's solved my problems yet.

1) Some of the TV shows I've added to XBMC don't seem to be showing up in my library.
House for example does not even though it is stored in "D:\Videos\TV\HOUSE\Season01" with each episode labelled "House - S01E01 - episode name" ect. It appears in TV Shows/Files but not in the main TV Shows directory.

2) Battlestar galactica's entire first series is showing up as the first episode even though all episodes appear to be named correctly. Again this only happens in the TV Shows main directory and works correctly in TV Shows/Files

3) Among others Futurama is missing most of it series's even though they are all present and correct in the TV Shows/Files folder again.

Now I've written all of this out it seems like most of my problems stem from the TV Shows folder not working correctly. I'm using the Night theme currently but it doesn't seem like they show in any theme I tested.

4) Not a biggie but the weather page doesn't seem to load at all even after I've fed it the correct area codes.

5) Is it possible to group my movies together? For example can I put the 4 Alien movies in release order and not have Aliens be last.

According to the details page on My Computer I'm using version 10 of XBMC on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank for any help you give. I really want this to work lol.
Hi,

Welcome to the forums

1 & 2) Have you got the right settings turned on?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ng_Content

3) Does you episode naming correspond with thetvdb.com? They take episode listings from FOX not the DVD releases.
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=73871&lid=7
according to thetvdb the first season only has 9 episodes

4) You are using Dharma (current stable XBMC) - the weather is broke:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/12/10/welcom...derground/
but it is coming back in eden (next XBMC)!

5) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets
Ah I see I am using the wrong series numbers for my futurama stuff, I'll have to get hold of one of those automatic renamer things I've read about.

I've tried activating the settings you've shown me here and the episodes are showing up in the library but still not in the slick banner view I've been using with the night skin. Is there a good way to get them to show up there, would better naming sort that out?

while I'm here

6) Some TV episodes seem to be showing up twice, I've checked to see if I have the folder added twice but I don't seem to. Again this is in the slick TV show folder on Night.

Cheers for the help, that Movie Sets section should help me out a lot.
Quote:I've tried activating the settings you've shown me here and the episodes are showing up in the library but still not in the slick banner view I've been using with the night skin. Is there a good way to get them to show up there, would better naming sort that out?
Hmm, if they're in the library the banner view should work. Have you tried going completely out of the library then going back in?

Quote:6) Some TV episodes seem to be showing up twice, I've checked to see if I have the folder added twice but I don't seem to. Again this is in the slick TV show folder on Night.
Have you accidentally called some files the same thing but in different folders
Code:
e.g.
Season01
-- Slick - S01E01
Season02
-- Slick - S01E01

note both files are actually called the same thing
If not, with all the drives connected that have media on them and that have been scanned into the library . Go to settings --> video ---> clean library.

See if that gets rid of duplicates
If you are new to all this, you should use confluence skin, almost for the beginning.
Once you've played around and see the basic functions of xbmc.
Night is an advanced skin for dharma, with a lot of extras and addons you'll need.
As for tv shows and banners. You need to check scrapers settings from tvdb, default is set to scrap for banners. Actual skins support banner.jpg, it means your banner.jpg have to be in the tvshow root, somewhere is skin settings then you should enable banner.jpg support.

Example:

The Walking Dead (folder)
-- banner.jpg
---- Season01 (folder)
----- S01E01, S01E02 ...

Edit:
hey guys would some one to help me how do i get navi-x onto xmbc is it from computer or can i do it on apple tv 2 jailbroken
The magic word GOOGLE !
rabk-newboy Wrote:hey guys would some one to help me how do i get navi-x onto XBMC is it from computer or can i do it on apple tv 2 jailbroken

http://website.navi-x.org/

It works on all platforms that xbmc supports including apple tv 2.