Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Parental Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you get parental ratings on the TV Shows and Movies. (this sort of thing)

We have a rule around here for my daughter, if you don't know the show don't watch, ask first.

Would be nice if she could sort by the age rating so she sees her shows only if she wants.
I think you are asking how you can setup XBMC so your daughter can only watch movies and TV shows based on the ratings.

A couple of things you can do is set up a profile for your daughter and put the movies and TV shows you want her to be able to watch to a folder separate folder from the rest of them media. Then you scan that folder into her XBMC profile and that will be all see can see.

You can also set up smart playlists and and have them filter the media based the ratings you select. I am not sure if this will work with tv shows since I haven't tried it. The other draw back with this one is you have to trust what someone rated the moves or tv show at. Some movies are rated lower then what I think they should be such as a few of these these http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/07/the_...en_rat.php

The info for setting these up can be found in the XBMC wiki and in the forums, if you still have problems after looking feel free to ask.