Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive followed the install instructions using the latest version. if i use the http commands xbmc will tune to the channel and play it back fine. however, any use of the epg causes xbmc to freeze up. any suggestions?
dolby1111 Wrote:ive followed the install instructions using the latest version. if i use the http commands xbmc will tune to the channel and play it back fine. however, any use of the epg causes xbmc to freeze up. any suggestions?

you need to be running eden
mcheng89 Wrote:Seems like you forgot the remotevlc plugin

I did forget it, but when I put the plugin I go back to the same situation as before: it tries to download a file named "192_168_1_189"...
uspino Wrote:I did forget it, but when I plugin I go back to the same situation as before: it tries to download a file named "192_168_1_189"...

europorsche914 hasnt released his new code yet that uses the vlc web plugin Tongue
mcheng89 Wrote:europorsche914 hasnt released his new code yet that uses the vlc web plugin Tongue

Big Grin Posted here

Ok here is what I got so far, it works perfect besides one issue, if the last page of the channel list has less than 10 channels it will not show up, im clueless how to fix it right now and need another pair of eyes. if mcheng or someone else cant help ill have to look at it again tomorrow. Other than that im pretty happy with how it turned out but let me know if there are any bugs!!

EDIT: Fixed firefox vlc issue please dl v1.5!
europorsche914 Wrote:Big Grin Posted here

Ok here is what I got so far, it works perfect besides one issue, if the last page of the channel list has less than 10 channels it will not show up, im clueless how to fix it right now and need another pair of eyes. if mcheng or someone else cant help ill have to look at it again tomorrow. Other than that im pretty happy with how it turned out but let me know if there are any bugs!!

EDIT: Fixed firefox vlc issue please dl v1.5!

This is fantastic and I'm just getting around to playing around with this now! Small enhancement request. Is there a way to add "up" or "down" arrows in addition to the paging you have so I can simply click page down or page up to see more channels? (similar to how you have page left/right)
LehighBri Wrote:This is fantastic and I'm just getting around to playing around with this now! Small enhancement request. Is there a way to add "up" or "down" arrows in addition to the paging you have so I can simply click page down or page up to see more channels? (similar to how you have page left/right)

not 100% positive what your asking, right now the previous/next change the page of channels that is visible (in effect it does pageup/down but the buttons are shown as left/right). in the future I want to move them to the left of the guide (as up/down) and use a left/right to change the time of the guide data displayed. Smile
europorsche914 Wrote:not 100% positive what your asking, right now the previous/next change the page of channels that is visible (in effect it does pageup/down but the buttons are shown as left/right). in the future I want to move them to the left of the guide (as up/down) and use a left/right to change the time of the guide data displayed. Smile

Sorry for the confusion. I misread how you have this working. I was expecting left/right to advance left or right in terms of TIME, not CHANNELS, so I can browse upcoming shows, etc. Thus from a UE perspective, I would expect left/right to advance in time, and up/down to advance in channels

It's very minor but just wanted to share some thoughts!
LehighBri Wrote:Sorry for the confusion. I misread how you have this working. I was expecting left/right to advance left or right in terms of TIME, not CHANNELS, so I can browse upcoming shows, etc. Thus from a UE perspective, I would expect left/right to advance in time, and up/down to advance in channels

It's very minor but just wanted to share some thoughts!

yep thats what i plan to fix in the future, sorry I realize its a little confusing, thanks! Wink
europorsche914 Wrote:yep thats what i plan to fix in the future, sorry I realize its a little confusing, thanks! Wink

Looks really nice!
probably a stupid question, but i double clicked one of the channels in the web ios app on my ipad, but nothing shows up. I can see in remoteCeton that it changes the channel. Is there supposed to be video on my ipad?
DarkApathy Wrote:probably a stupid question, but i double clicked one of the channels in the web ios app on my ipad, but nothing shows up. I can see in remoteCeton that it changes the channel. Is there supposed to be video on my ipad?

When did you download that version? I noticed that there was an error and released another version about 20 minutes after Sad

Also, I need to make a loading screen that way we know that the video is loading...

Will release something tomorrow with more fixes...
mcheng89 Wrote:When did you download that version? I noticed that there was an error and released another version about 20 minutes after Sad

Also, I need to make a loading screen that way we know that the video is loading...

Just re-downloaded 1.7.3. No change. Am I supposed to download a specific app on my ipad for it to work?
DarkApathy Wrote:Just re-downloaded 1.7.3. No change. Am I supposed to download a specific app on my ipad for it to work?

There's no specific app. I can help you out tomorrow. Gonna go to sleep.
mcheng89 Wrote:There's no specific app. I can help you out tomorrow. Gonna go to sleep.

thanks. have a good night.