Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Job! A couple of things:

Quote:Fix XBMC plugin password authentication - Added username/password settings

Did you include this fix in 1.8.1? I can't find a way to include Username/Password in the plugin (btw, it remains at 1.6.6 as version numer)

And when testing streaming through the api with
Code:
http://admin:[email protected]:8555/play?tuner=4&channel=600&transcodeBitrate=1024&transcodeResolution=480&redirect=true
it looks like transcodeResolution is not being applied to the stream...

(I liked it when the remoteCeton cmd window showed the information about bitrate/resolution...Sad)

Testing iOS now.

EDIT: One more thing. Streaming through GoodPlayer does not seem to work anymore. RemoteCeton receives the call for the stream and starts transcoding, but GoodPlayer can't start the video.
uspino Wrote:Good Job! A couple of things:

Did you include this fix in 1.8.1? I can't find a way to include Username/Password in the plugin (btw, it remains at 1.6.6 as version numer)

And when testing streaming through the api with
Code:
http://admin:[email protected]:8555/play?tuner=4&channel=600&transcodeBitrate=1024&transcodeResolution=480&redirect=true
it looks like transcodeResolution is not being applied to the stream...

(I liked it when the remoteCeton cmd window showed the information about bitrate/resolution...Sad)

Testing iOS now.

EDIT: One more thing. Streaming through GoodPlayer does not seem to work anymore. RemoteCeton receives the call for the stream and starts transcoding, but GoodPlayer can't start the video.

No, I didnt update the XBMC part yet.

Are you sure about the resolution? Can you verify that in vlc?
It seems to be working for me...

Added the resolution/bitrate output again Smile

If you disable the security in the settings, does GoodPlayer work again?
mcheng89 Wrote:Using http digest authentication.

NOTES: XBMC CLIENT DOES NOT WORK WITH AUTHENTICATION YET
THIS WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY
- Fix XBMC plugin password authentication - Added username/password settings
Todo: send http requests using the info
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/65397...-in-python

Released 1.8.1... Please delete your old settings file
Please test this build, as a lot of code was rewritten

Have more time to focus on HDHomerun now.. Smile

Then its the rest of my issues:
- Program titles with & get cut off
- Airplay iOS streaming
- iPad Inteface
- Fill in info bar + EPG description

The bolded ones are not in the actual remoteCeton code, so any help would be appreciated to speed things up

After that we start recording and dynamic tuner selection (tuner pooling for ceton!) Smile

EDIT:
@europorsche914 - I havent really taken a look at the MyChannelLogos, but is it something we can script to automatically generate the logo mapping? Or do we need the donation version?

@gman3042 - sent you a pm... follow the ceton instructions and xbmc doesnt work yet. test with the web interface

My channel logos modifies the wmc database and matches channel logos to their call sign. The program uses a remote XML file that has each logo name mapped to every possible callsign that the channel logo applies to.. We could either modify the MySQL lite database that is created by the api to match the wmc database then run MyChannelLogos on that database or we could create our own mapping script, which would be relatively easily since the call signs are listed in the guide data .xml database that is generated by mc2xml. I'm pretty sure I could handle all mapping in JavaScript on the fly when the webpage is loaded if the API could pass the call sign along with the guide data. We would also need the API to download the XML file from MyChannelLogos website which would require permission from MyChannelLogos or we could create our own (a daunting task)...
europorsche914 Wrote:My channel logos modifies the wmc database and matches channel logos to their call sign. The program uses a remote XML file that has each logo name mapped to every possible callsign that the channel logo applies to.. We could either modify the MySQL lite database that is created by the api to match the wmc database then run MyChannelLogos on that database or we could create our own mapping script, which would be relatively easily since the call signs are listed in the guide data .xml database that is generated by mc2xml. I'm pretty sure I could handle all mapping in JavaScript on the fly when the webpage is loaded if the API could pass the call sign along with the guide data. We would also need the API to download the XML file from MyChannelLogos website which would require permission from MyChannelLogos or we could create our own (a daunting task)...

It's probably not worth doing then if we have to pull it from their website.

Updating XBMC addon for authentication update - v1.8.2 Smile

EDIT: The call sign is just the filename isnt it?
Ok, I do have the call sign in the sql database.
I'm still thinking about the xml permissions... I have the code do a download already there so that part is easy.

EDIT: If you already downloaded and want the transcoding logging in remoteCeton:
download this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?oppxaopsj581dbg
I forgot to put it in...
mcheng89 Wrote:It's probably not worth doing then if we have to pull it from their website.

Updating XBMC addon for authentication update - v1.8.2 Smile

EDIT: The call sign is just the filename isnt it?
Ok, I do have the call sign in the sql database.
I'm still thinking about the xml permissions... I have the code do a download already there so that part is easy.

EDIT: If you already downloaded and want the transcoding logging in remoteCeton:
download this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?oppxaopsj581dbg
I forgot to put it in...

Well if u have time to write a custom version of the api that sends the call sign when I request the epg data (the call sign appears to be 3rd display-name in the mc2xml .xml file) that would be great and I can write something up real quick on the webgui or I can just parse the mc2xml file to test it out
europorsche914 Wrote:Well if u have time to write a custom version of the api that sends the call sign when I request the epg data (the call sign appears to be 3rd display-name in the mc2xml .xml file) that would be great and I can write something up real quick on the webgui or I can just parse the mc2xml file to test it out

what if users download the XML themselves? And just place it into the webfiles/resources folder?
mcheng89 Wrote:what if users download the XML themselves? And just place it into the resources folder?

Well that is a possibility and I dont think it will upset the creator of MyChannelLogos since they will need to install his software to get the logos anyway.. We will need to still send the callsign through the api or open mc2xml and lookup the call sign for each channel number. If we open the xml files Ill have to test whether the new http server supports serving up xml files (the last one did not otherwise I would have went the route of parsing the xml files)
europorsche914 Wrote:Well that is a possibility and I dont think it will upset the creator of MyChannelLogos since they will need to install his software to get the logos anyway.. We will need to still send the callsign through the api or open mc2xml and lookup the call sign for each channel number.

Isn't the call sign just the channel name?
Although the Cetons channel name doesnt completely match up
But if I pull the channel name from the SQLite db it does match up Smile
mcheng89 Wrote:No, I didnt update the XBMC part yet.

Are you sure about the resolution? Can you verify that in vlc?
It seems to be working for me...

Added the resolution/bitrate output again Smile

If you disable the security in the settings, does GoodPlayer work again?

I found out it works inside the LAN (with security on or off) but not trough 3G. RemoteCeton gets the call and starts the stream, but the video does not reach GoodPlayer.

Also, starting TV on XBMC plugin 1.8.2 crashes RemoteCeton with or without security
mcheng89 Wrote:Isn't the call sign just the channel name?

sometimes that is the case (ex: tvland), some channels that have changed their channel names over the years are still named the old name (ex: HDTheater changed their name to Velocity but the callsign is still HDT) also west coast feeds sometimes have a "p" at their end of the call sign but they use the same channel logo as their east coast counterpart. Also local channels need to be handled differently (depends on their 4th display-name in mc2xml .xml file) also hd files are usually accurate that an hd shows in their callsign but not always (abcf is available in hd but not hd logo exists currently)

EDIT: noticed that if logomapping.txt doesnt exist the webgui isnt showing the channel names instead just a blank img container, must have gotten broken somewhere along the way, Ill have to fix it and release something today. Sorry to anyone this may have affected..
uspino Wrote:I found out it works inside the LAN (with security on or off) but not trough 3G. RemoteCeton gets the call and starts the stream, but the video does not reach GoodPlayer.

Also, starting TV on XBMC plugin 1.8.2 crashes RemoteCeton with or without security

Did it work previously? Downloading goodplayer on my iphone.
EDIT: Did you open port 8559? (If you only use the web app on 3g, you only need to open port 8555)

Found the crash...
europorsche914 Wrote:sometimes that is the case (ex: tvland), some channels that have changed their channel names over the years are still named the old name (ex: HDTheater changed their name to Velocity but the callsign is still HDT) also west coast feeds sometimes have a "p" at their end of the call sign but they use the same channel logo as their east coast counterpart. Also local channels need to be handled differently (depends on their 4th display-name in mc2xml .xml file) also hd files are usually accurate that an hd shows in their callsign but not always (abcf is available in hd but not hd logo exists currently)

EDIT: noticed that if logomapping.txt doesnt exist the webgui isnt showing the channel names instead just a blank img container, must have gotten broken somewhere along the way, Ill have to fix it and release something today. Sorry to anyone this may have affected..

hey mcheng on line 172 of index.html it should say "return undefined;"

EDIT: updated my webfiles.zip to include this correction here
Theres a crash in the app. Going to release a new version...
mcheng89 Wrote:Did it work previously? Downloading goodplayer on my iphone.
EDIT: Did you open port 8559? (If you only use the web app on 3g, you only need to open port 8555)

Found the crash...

Same issues: crash what trying XBMC stream, no 3g streaming throughGoodPlayer (8559 is also open)
uspino Wrote:Same issues: crash what trying XBMC stream, no 3g streaming throughGoodPlayer (8559 is also open)

this one should fix it: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj8ugy00byo0lvq

europorsche914 Wrote:hey mcheng on line 172 of index.html it should say "return undefined;"

EDIT: updated my webfiles.zip to include this correction here

Added. along with the crash fix.

@uspino: its working for me on 3g... is your bandwidth high enough for the bitrate over 3g?