Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found it works with Ceton 6 as long as you remove the channel map file from the resources directory on every run.

Thanks
Guy
Same here
I finally was able to make it play TV HD channel 1010 here in Columbus, OH. It was tricky for me as I do not understand the process that well.

Like Guy said he found it works with Ceton 6 as long as you remove the channel map file from the resources directory on every run.

I selected just 3 tuners for the test and started the stream by selecting a channel number and thirty minutes stream.

I was able to click here to play and the browser opened and there it was CBS in living color.

Enough for now and thank you all.

and thanks MCheng for all your effort.
Found the issue with the channel map. Will fix it later tonight.
I accidentally typed in some extra characters into the code.

Looking into fixing some transcoding issue right now...

Can you try this version to see if the ceton issues are fixed?
Note: If you are using the patched vlc dlls, you need to replace it. Some more fixes were made for commercials. Smile

v0.6.0c
http://www.mediafire.com/?7im5fi5ov6rdl0h
@MCheng,

Any chance we can get the option for direct stream on the iPhone.HTML page and also on the multicast setup page? Seems like direct stream works much better than the transcoded streams.
No more problems restarting the TVServer v0.6.0c

8/24

Only get the local clear channels even though I have a cable card that is authorized by TWC and works on drm channels with WMC
(2013-08-24, 02:13)kp4akb Wrote: [ -> ]Only get the local clear channels even though I have a cable card that is authorized by TWC and works on drm channels with WMC

TWC marks their channels as copy once. Only approved apps like WMC can watch those channels.

(2013-08-23, 23:07)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]@MCheng,

Any chance we can get the option for direct stream on the iPhone.HTML page and also on the multicast setup page? Seems like direct stream works much better than the transcoded streams.

For iOS, it's not possible without a native app. I could redirect the stream to another app that could handle it though. Maybe using goodplayer or the vlc app?

I'm not sure about android though.
(2013-08-25, 02:17)mcheng89 Wrote: [ -> ]For iOS, it's not possible without a native app. I could redirect the stream to another app that could handle it though. Maybe using goodplayer or the vlc app?

Bummer, Android is my concern. I can play the direct stream via MX player on Android. There are several apps that can play direct stream url's. I would think android implementation would be fairly easy?
This is a great app! I only use it to "sling" my tuners to the internet and this app is perfect for that.

(2013-08-25, 06:11)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-25, 02:17)mcheng89 Wrote: [ -> ]For iOS, it's not possible without a native app. I could redirect the stream to another app that could handle it though. Maybe using goodplayer or the vlc app?

Bummer, Android is my concern. I can play the direct stream via MX player on Android. There are several apps that can play direct stream url's. I would think android implementation would be fairly easy?

You can direct play in android using MX player. Use the URL http://server:port/play?channel=570&bitrate=1000&resolution=480&redirect=true adjust the channel, bitrate and resolution to fit your needs.
(2013-08-25, 06:11)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer, Android is my concern. I can play the direct stream via MX player on Android. There are several apps that can play direct stream url's. I would think android implementation would be fairly easy?

I have an android device (I need to look for it). I'll see if I can get the webapp to redirect to MX player.
(2013-08-27, 00:22)mcheng89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-25, 06:11)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer, Android is my concern. I can play the direct stream via MX player on Android. There are several apps that can play direct stream url's. I would think android implementation would be fairly easy?

I have an android device (I need to look for it). I'll see if I can get the webapp to redirect to MX player.

When you run the iPhone.HTML page it asks which app you want to run the video in. What i was requesting is the setting in iPhone.HTML for direct stream instead of specifying bit rate/ resolution, just go with native resolution. I know MX player will play it.
(2013-08-27, 00:49)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]When you run the iPhone.HTML page it asks which app you want to run the video in. What i was requesting is the setting in iPhone.HTML for direct stream instead of specifying bit rate/ resolution, just go with native resolution. I know MX player will play it.

Ok, I misunderstood. I think that should be possible. I still need to find my android device to test it. Smile
(2013-08-27, 00:59)mcheng89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-27, 00:49)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]When you run the iPhone.HTML page it asks which app you want to run the video in. What i was requesting is the setting in iPhone.HTML for direct stream instead of specifying bit rate/ resolution, just go with native resolution. I know MX player will play it.

Ok, I misunderstood. I think that should be possible. I still need to find my android device to test it. Smile

Awesome, could you also add the setting to the multicast setup page?
@MCheng

I just noticed another issue not sure if it is new or not. I have both HDHomerun Prime and Ceton InifiTV. I add both devices in the server configuration, they both appear. My Ceton is the first device listed. If I use all 4 tuners on the Ceton, on the 5th stream it errors out. So, it doesn't roll over to the HDHomeRun Prime, it acts as if I don't have a 5th tuner. I also tested putting the HDHomeRun first and running 4 streams, the 4th stream doesn't start and comes back with the follow...

They both work when they are listed as the first device.

[8.27.2013.9:25:16]: Tuner[192.168.100.107][3]: Stream started successfully!
[8.27.2013.9:25:19]: Scheduler: Sleeping 10 seconds until next task
[8.27.2013.9:25:29]: Scheduler: Sleeping 10 seconds until next task
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Stream: Received play request - group=0, channel=3
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Starting video stream
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Setting VLC stream format - ts
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start video stream
(2013-08-27, 15:28)jfoley Wrote: [ -> ]@MCheng

I just noticed another issue not sure if it is new or not. I have both HDHomerun Prime and Ceton InifiTV. I add both devices in the server configuration, they both appear. My Ceton is the first device listed. If I use all 4 tuners on the Ceton, on the 5th stream it errors out. So, it doesn't roll over to the HDHomeRun Prime, it acts as if I don't have a 5th tuner. I also tested putting the HDHomeRun first and running 4 streams, the 4th stream doesn't start and comes back with the follow...

They both work when they are listed as the first device.

[8.27.2013.9:25:16]: Tuner[192.168.100.107][3]: Stream started successfully!
[8.27.2013.9:25:19]: Scheduler: Sleeping 10 seconds until next task
[8.27.2013.9:25:29]: Scheduler: Sleeping 10 seconds until next task
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Stream: Received play request - group=0, channel=3
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Starting video stream
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Setting VLC stream format - ts
[8.27.2013.9:25:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start video stream

I see the issue. Going to try to fix this tonight.

Edit: Found the issue with the code. Will update the server later. It looks like the issue was always there.

@jfoley can you try this?

v0.6.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qd3cnm6epyb4kb0
- Fixed issue with UPnP actions if multiple devices are used.

I'll look into the android stuff over the weekend.

In progress:
Remote control web interface using mobile device
- Implement websockets & server apis - In Progress
- Add remote control for mobile interface