Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Add to Library Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed xbmc 2:11.0-0~beta1~ppa1~oneiric onto my 11 10 ubuntu laptop. I've been able to add sources, but there appears to be no button to add the sources to a library. Consequently, I can see the xbmc server on my tv, but there is no library to play.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?
groovomata Wrote:I installed xbmc 2:11.0-0~beta1~ppa1~oneiric onto my 11 10 ubuntu laptop. I've been able to add sources, but there appears to be no button to add the sources to a library. Consequently, I can see the xbmc server on my tv, but there is no library to play.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong..just haven't finished. You need to scan your library which can be done a number of ways.

1. Go back to your video source and ensure and select Edit Source. Click OK and another mini screen pops up that has a selection to perform a scan.
That same screen has the media type and the selected scanner..ie theTVDB or the MovieDB.

2. From the Videos main menu go to your source then press "c" for context menu and select Scan for New.

3. In Setup >Video Mark the selection to scan for new videos when starting XBMC. Exit and restart and it should scan.