Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poor performance since moving to a DB-based library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, so i started off my XBMC experience using NFO files and storing thumbs etc on my ATV2 and this was fine, but I decided for one reason or another to migrate across to using my fileserver/torrentbox as an SQL server and storing the library info that way.

Now when I launch XBMC it starts scanning for new content (not on launch, but because I have the scheduling plugin), and half the time it gets stuck trying to exit XBMC. I clicked exit (using the reFocus skin) an hour ago and it's still stuck there, the only way I can shut the device down is to pull the power lead out.

Can anyone help me solve this?
My ATV2 is very slow at scanning to mysql too what i did to get round it was install xbmc on the server too and let that add stuff to mysql.
dizzyikea Wrote:My ATV2 is very slow at scanning to mysql too what i did to get round it was install xbmc on the server too and let that add stuff to mysql.

I like the idea, but unfortunately this isn't an option for me as my file server is a headless box which I administer by ssh.
no desktop on it then? This is why i wish there was a no gui version of xbmc just for this sort of thing i wish i could remove x my server but i need it just for this one thing.

Other option, i don't know how you add media to your server but things like couch potato and sickbeard have options to update xbmc via json so it adds them one at a time as they complete a bit easier on the ATV2
dizzyikea Wrote:no desktop on it then? This is why i wish there was a no gui version of xbmc just for this sort of thing i wish i could remove x my server but i need it just for this one thing.

Other option, i don't know how you add media to your server but things like couch potato and sickbeard have options to update xbmc via json so it adds them one at a time as they complete a bit easier on the ATV2

well i suppose i could run XBMC on the desktop and have that scan for changes, but I hardly every turn the desktop on so i couldn't have it scheduled to run.