Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows Menu- where?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

Just added TV Shows to my video library, but i can;t find where to all TV Shows in the system. They are not showing up in the movie library and I thought there was supposed to be a seperate menu item for TV Shows which would then allow for the drill down of seasons and episodes.

Does Confluence allow for this or do I need to look at another skin (hopefuly not).

Thanks
System / Skin / Home Window Options

Uncheck 'Hide - TV Shows'
TechLife Wrote:System / Skin / Home Window Options

Thanks

I saw that, but it was greyed out so I could not uncheck it, hence the thought that it may not have been an option in confluence.
Weird. It should be available as long as you have TV shows scanned into your library. It's usually only greyed out if there aren't.
TechLife Wrote:Weird. It should be available as long as you have TV shows scanned into your library. It's usually only greyed out if there aren't.
Hello,

In /TV Shows/ folder, I have only an sub-folder with the 18 stream links (and their .tbn) for TV channels of my distant networked DVB-T tuner (HDHomerun)

How can-i "scan into the library" these Tv infos ?
I want to have in my main menu the "TV shows" item
Actually, I am obliged to go to "Videos" -> "Files" -> "TV shows "

Thanks for any help Smile

XBMC eden beta Windows + skin confluence (horiz)
Openelec eden fusion + skin confluence (horiz)
znelbok Wrote:.. added TV Shows to my video library..
How do you do that ?

Is "TV Shows" like a new VIDEO source ?

Thanks Smile
structure your tv shows like this for example , have 1 main TV SHOWS folder then in there have your series folders as in heroes, how i met your mother and so on. then inside your series folders have the seasons folders then your episodes in them.
name then like so.....

TV Shows>
Heroes>
Season 01>
1x01
1x02
Season 02>
2x01
2x02
Specials>
0x01
0x02

cross reference with the tvdb or your prefered scraper

where you add a "video source" and point it to your tv shows folder you will need to set content as in set tv show scraper, so right click on the source and click set content, im english so i use thetvdb. once all thats done then it should ask if you want to refresh all info, choose yes.
if it does not ask you to refresh just right click on the source again and this time click scan for new content.
once finished you should then be able to do what Techlife said and go...

System / Skin / Home Window Options

this will then give you TV SHOWS on your home page and all will be good

hope this helps

paul
chunk1982 Wrote:structure your tv shows like this for example , have 1 main TV SHOWS folder then in there have your series folders as in heroes, how i met your mother and so on. then inside your series folders have the seasons folders then your episodes in them.l
Thanks for the whole precise process Smile

But, as I said before, I have not any TV series or show, I have only a list of DVB-T stream files (.strm)
Example of syntax of the "TD1 HD.strm" strm file for TF1 HD Channel :
hdhomerun://111070A2-0/tuner0?channel=t8qam64:482000000&program=1281

If this kind of files is in a folder, choosing this file from XBMC allows immediately the corresponding TV channel to be played full screen (SD and HD channels are perfect)

To make the "TV" item visible in Confluence home menu, you describe me the official precise process

But, in my case, to simply have this new "TV" item in Confluence home menu, and have from it, access to my DVB-T channels, how can-I find a kind of "B" solution ?
Must-I create a (false) kind of structure you describe to me, and put one DVB-T stream link in each (false) TV show sub folder ?

Thanks for your ideas Smile

nb : Why, on Confluence, the process to make appear the "TV" item is so complex ?
i know nothing about dvb-t and there for not sure what you want to do lol.
if its just a case of adding say a "LIVE TV" option to the home menu then try another skin, i cant remember which one has theat option built in.
if thats not it either then im sorry i couldnt of been more help

all the best

paul
Jean-Max Wrote:nb : Why, on Confluence, the process to make appear the "TV" item is so complex ?
Install my MOD, add your source with the .strm files to favourites and use the option to pin a favourite to the home menu an call it "TV"!
DONE...

mm
mad-max Wrote:Install my MOD, add your source with the .strm files to favourites and use the option to pin a favourite to the home menu an call it "TV"!
DONE...
mm
It seems exactly what I want to have Smile

I founded your thread :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103001

-> But what is the exact Mod. Conflluence skin download link ?

Must-I install first the repository from:
http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmc...loads/list

Thanks Smile

Thanks Smile
Jean-Max Wrote:It seems exactly what I want to have Smile

I founded your thread :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103001

-> But what is the exact Mod. Conflluence skin download link ?

Must-I install first the repository from:
http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmc...loads/list

Thanks Smile

Thanks Smile

yes install the repo then download the skin from there
Repo for Eden Pre...
mad-max Wrote:Repo for Eden Pre...
I have:
XBMC 11.0 eden beta1 Windows on PC
and
Openelec eden on ZBOX :

It's OK ?