Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV, PC Games, Blu Ray support....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I'm a long time XBMC user and a lover of the media center software. I've entered into a business venture with a group of people who plan on building pre-configured XBMC powered HTPCs We invision a company that is similar to Moneual @ http://www.moneualusa.com but we want to use nothing but Open Source operating systems and we are also doing some stuff with Android mobile devices as well. We just had a meeting today about our future HTPC product lineup and some things came to our attention and now we have some concerns. I'm hoping someone can help us so that we can come to a solution sooner than later....

We understand that the backend has to be configured with TVheadend for live TV. But what we don't know is after that is configured and is setup on the frontend in XBMC as well, does Live TV become apart of the XBMC main menu? If not then how would you get to Live TV?

We also understand that currently XBMC can't play blu ray discs without using a plugin to rip them first. If XBMC has to be installed on top of Windows (as we understand Ubuntu doesn't have blu ray support either) is there a way to launch Cyberlink PowerDVD from XBMC using EventGhost? Can you also sort-of use this same method to lauch PC Games that aren't ripped to the library and played inside an emulator?

Also if I have to use Windows and load XBMC ontop of that, is there a way that on startup of the system it loads right into XBMC?

For a more simpler solution.... is Live TV support going to be a native function of the XBMC Eden update? Is there going to be any other kind of work around to allow Blu Ray Discs to play in the Eden update?

I do understand PC Games from disc won't ever happen unless Windows is involved so I won't even ask if that will be a possibility...