Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What happened to 'play from here'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At some point I remember testing a pre-eden that had a nice context menu option in files mode (may have been before the library/files merge) - you could choose 'play from here' or similar and it would play the rest of the files in that folder starting from that point.

This is super handy when queueing stuff up for my daughter..

It seems to have disappeared? Anyone know where it is or if I can get it back somehow?? Happy to mod skins etc. if I know what to call....
I see it in library view for scanned items.
Would be pretty useful in file view too, though, no?

What's the actual text you see?, I can't find the label in Confluence and I want to see if I can add this to files view maybe....I am not near a working install right now...
Did you ever find a solution to "play from here" in the files view?

I would REALLY like to have it since watching home-videos that are generally just a 1-5 minutes long is a real pain without this function.
Yeah that is my use-case too.

Problem is in the core code, though, it's not a skin thing you can easily do. I had a quick look at the code and it scared me, I think the best thing would be to lodge a request on TRAC...I'll do so.... - here you go - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12604 - feel free to contribute if only to say you'd find it handy too!!
bossanova808 Wrote:I had a quick look at the code and it scared me

bruhaha - welcome to the dark side my friend ...
hmmm I think I am going to stick to add ons for the moment....a little easier to get to grips with. I have done a one liner so I'm in the gitlog somewhere!!
...and looks like spiff has gone ahead and implement for Eden!

Thanks spiff, that's great!
Wohoo!

It this in the nightlys or how do I access this feature?

Edit: Just noticed that there are no nightlies right now.. So I suppose its just to wait until the next beta then?
I don't think it quite made the Beta3 cut off...it's not working for me yet in Windows B3.

Most likely it will make it into B4/RC1
Has this fallen back out again maybe? I can't see 'play from here' in files view anymore on my latest Openelec PVR nightly...