Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to autoplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am giving XBMC a try after using Patriot Box Office for a year. PBO is fine, but the menu is a little slow and not as sexy...

I have each folder as [movie name], then within the dir, there are a couple possibilities:

1) Video_TS
2) a single file of [movie name].mkv or [movie name].mp4 or [movie name].avi
3) multiple files of mkv or mp4 or avi, such as when there is a sample.mkv

So for 1 and 2, I'd like to click on the folder and play directly without entering the folder then clicking on the media file. I find that if I enable stacking, I can autoplay 1) Video_TS, but I still can't autoplay 2) a single media file. Is there a trick to do that?

For 3) multiple media files, I'd like to be able to enter the folder and select the file I want to play. So whatever trick that works for 2), I want to maintain the behavior for 3).

Can someone help?
If you press Play on a folder, instead of Return/OK, XBMC will play all the videos in that folder.

JR
Thanks for the reply. However, choosing PLAY or ENTER requires me to remember if there are multiple media files in the folder or not. Is there a way to make XMBC behave differently depending on the number of media files while I press the same button?

I just started to try XMBC, but it looks like there is a way to use scripts to extend XMBC. I don't mind learned scripting, but just want to know if it is possible to do what I want... Thanks.
Either you want stacking or not... You want each file to have it's own folder or not. Possible compromise... put each video in it's own folder, then have 'samples' name the same as the video with the extension -trailer.. then the trailer button should play the sample.
ctny Wrote:Is there a way to make XBMC behave differently depending on the number of media files while I press the same button?

No. XBMC doesn't "look ahead" to see what's in a highlighted folder.

JR