Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Question] function to have more movie libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey There,

I'm trying to find a solution for the folowing problem i have with the library mode:
I have about 500+ movies in total in my database. Now my kids are growing up and they start watching movies i'm facing 2 problems
1: when they browse the movies db they get to see all the movies i have including the ones i don't want them 2 see (horror / action / ... ) as they are only 4 and 6 years old.
2: i want to disable some movies for them so they don't accidently start those movies.

So what i'm looking for is a way to made a second Movies db in the main video screen so i would have something like
Movies
Kids-Movies
TV

This was i could make there live easier as they don't have that much movies to brows trough and they only get the movies i want them to see
Also i was looking for a way to, if it's possible to split this up, put a password on the first Movies db.

For the moment i'm actualy ripping almost all DVD's from my kids (you don't want kids to play with the actual disks :p) it's a big mess of movies in the DB and i would love to see it a lot cleaner.

PS: If this is somthing that's not been asked / done before and if i may add a sudjestion i would say the following
make a extra field in every NFO file saying
<video library's>Movies;kids-movies</video library's>
This way a movie can be in both library's and i can add movies from the main one to the kids one when they grow up more and just have those movies visible in both libraries. (not limiting it 2 just 2 libraries as god knows i would make a 3e one just for the disney movies :p). I believe it could work as a right click option from the main library db "add to kids-movies library" "add to disney library"

Tnx for the reply's already.

Sif
don't have time for ad advanced answer but in short I would suggest you look into the use of profiles with different sources set in each one see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Profiles

You could even assign the switching of profiles to a keyboard shortcut via keymap.xml and "loadprofile(nameofprofile)" or "activatewindow(loginscreen)"

Another alternative could be to use smart playlists http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_Playlist and filter on the meta data e.g. MPAA rating etc. or path e.g. a smart playlist that shows all movies withn the path x:\kid_movies.

Sorry I can't be more specific at the time.