Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: find any cover art in the music browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment xbmc only seems to find cover art if it is called front.jpg or cover.jpg.

Is there some plugin or something I can configure to allow it to find any image it can find in the directory if those files do not exist?
You can set this in the advancedsettings.xml - check the wiki

<musicthumbs>

A list of additional files to try when searching for music thumbnail images. (The default is folder.jpg which can be removed.)

<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg</remove>
<add>thumb.jpg|cover.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>
I tried playing with this but it only allows you to specify predefined filenames. I want it to search for any image type and show whatever it finds, regardless of name.

<add>thumb.jpg|cover.jpg|folder.jpg|*.jpg|*.png</add>

I was hoping that would add some kind of hierarchical preference but it doesn't do what I want. I couldnt find any info relating to possible regex versions of the above.

Also, if the album contains nested folders it won't pick up any artwork from the root folder...only where the files actually reside.

I think I will just write a perl script to do this work for me instead.
See if cdArtManager does what you want. It shows up in the Program Addons section..not Music Addons. I have it installed but haven't messed with it yet...just starting to get Music into XBMC after a few years.