Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC expands to HUGE ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
XBMC expands to HUGE ?
Has anyone ever see this happen:
1. This is not exactly a direct XBMC issue because it does not happen when I connect the laptop directly to the plasma (Samsung). It only happens when I am connected through my Sony Receiver.
2. The first pic is a normal shot of the main menu – as you can see.
3. Then the second shot is after a power off and power on of the receiver XBMC goes to HUGE. If I then close XBMC and re-launch it, it goes to normal.
Any ideas why that would happen? Or is there another forum I should be asking this question to that someone might know of please send me a link.

First Pic – Normal Size

Second Pic – Large Size – just to get a perspective of the sizing difference and what I am talking about – Please look at the menu items which fit on the screen – the first pic you can see Movies TV Shows TV Guide and the Vampire girl’s head to the leg area… where as the large pic only TV shows and Movies show, and the Vampire girl is cut off just above the stomach etc …

Many thanks in advance again …
On my tv (Samsung aswell) I have my picture size set to "just scan"
buges Wrote:On my tv (Samsung aswell) I have my picture size set to "just scan"

many thanks I will check that out tonight ...
does your xbmc go through a Receiver of some sort before it hits the TV? I have a feeling the receiver is the culprit because as I turn it (the Rec.) on - I see the XBMC screen ( on the laptop) start blinking and then expand on the laptop itself - then when the TV turns on it basically displays the same screen that is on the laptop ... the expanded version.
It's not the receiver, please check that you have all your screen resolutions set up correctly on your tv, windows and xbmc.
Some receivers cause that issue when turned off. There are some changes in the upcoming beta2 that should help.
Since I'm not sure what Windows does behind the scenes and what messages are sent, it's only a "should".
Please post your results when beta2 is out, along with a debug log.
I will report back thanks ... I was reading some stuff on EDID Overrides with HDMI ... and products like HDMI Detective should resolve issues like this ... I just stumbled across it this morning and have not had the chance to fully read about it ...
No Dice on Eden Beta 2 -
I just ordered an HDMI Detective from Geffen ... I will let you know if that works
When I switch on the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" option to get 24Hz refresh, my Sammy goes to 16:9 mode from 'just scan' - the top menu gets cut off. I always need to re-select just scan.
In the 'before' and 'after' shots, what does the 'Picture size' say it's on for each of them (selecting Tools on the remote..)?
Happens to me when my HTPC is rebooted while my screen/receiver is turned off. Solution: Only reboot when they're turned on, if you can help it.
sjw1 Wrote:When I switch on the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" option to get 24Hz refresh, my Sammy goes to 16:9 mode from 'just scan' - the top menu gets cut off. I always need to re-select just scan.
In the 'before' and 'after' shots, what does the 'Picture size' say it's on for each of them (selecting Tools on the remote..)?

Apologies here in advance, just so I don't have to look around and guess which options I should be looking at ... can you guide me a bit ...

1 - adjust display refresh rate to match video \ where do I find this option
2 - Picture size \ where do I find the picture size? is this in the OSD menu and the video option (the Eye icon)?
3 - Tools on the remote \ what remote ? I use a universal remote with a IR receiver on my HTPC - and I programmed various keys/buttons but I dont have a "tools"

thanks ....
1 - in xbmc, System - Video - Playback.
2 - this is a setting on your TV. It is usually accessed from the Tools button on the original remote...
3 - ^^
I also use a universal remote (Harmony One) but have the functns programmed in for 'Tools' etc.
My point was just a general observation in that when I select this mode, xbmc 'tells' my TV to switch to 16:9 - even if it's on Just Scan (which is what it should be on). The result of this is similar to your issue...
ah ... got ya ... will check that out tonight
adjust display refresh rate to match video - was set

both pics - the plasma settings under "info" had picture size to 1080p Standard H-Fill

I didnt have any settings for auto scan or just scan - all i had was H-Fill, Zoom, 4:3, and Just ... None worked - and H-Fill (or maybe H-Full cant remember) makes the screen look best - but I still get that problem - my HDMI detective came in yesterday I will be hooking it up this weekend! Hope this works!

Plasma: Panasonic VIERA G10 Series TC-P50G10 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC...B001UAEWUS
Pages: 1 2