Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I make default a folder of videos in XBMC 11 "Eden" beta 1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, how can I make default a folder of videos in XBMC 11.0 Eden beta 1?

In XBMC 10 I had only to right click on the folder and set "Make Default" (and I can do it also for the music and the images in Eden).

Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks! Smile
Anyone?

I just want that by clicking on video in the home screen, xbmc open the video folder that I want.
The option was removed from Eden. I'm not sure why it was removed, as it seems a useful feature. At the moment I think your only option would be to hand edit the skin.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The option was removed from Eden. I'm not sure why it was removed, as it seems a useful feature. At the moment I think your only option would be to hand edit the skin.

JR
From a search, it seems like it was removed by jmarshall to tidy up the Context Menu by removing what were deemed unnecessary items, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94372

Not sure why it was deemed unnecessary as quite a few seem to use it going by all the reports on here about where it has gone.

I'm guessing the skinners didn't have a problem with it's removal as most skins allow you to add Favorites to the Home window, however Confluence doesn't allow you to do this.
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll downgrade to XBMC 10 Dharma then.
If you use the AeonMQ3 skin then you can add the folder as a favourite and add a shortcut to it on the main menu. Ridiculous decision to remove default folders if you ask me.