Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMX/FTP streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i'm trying to find an online storage provider (probably pay about 50€ for the service) that allows me to upload all my movies/photos/music/videos..

What i would need is i guess FTP access, so i can through XBMC configure it to update the library from the FTP and stream this Media whenever i need.

I am willing to wait a few seconds for the buffering to happen to watch my things without having to download everything..

Do you know if this is possible? And do you recommend any provider?

I've noticed a few that have FTP for premium accounts, but i'm not sure if the streaming is possible and if it's fast. Rapidshare, Hotfile, MediaFire, Badongo are just some of them with FTP
It should work. Sharing from an HTTP directory and RSS feeds should also work.
Do you recommend any Online Storage so i can do this?

how can i "garantee" a quick Buffering/Streaming?

And what should be faster? HTTP or FTP?
anyone?
I dont really understand why you need that.
Paying more than 50€ a month... You could just pay for a streaming service.
How much space do you need?
TeKo Wrote:I dont really understand why you need that.
Paying more than 50€ a month... You could just pay for a streaming service.
How much space do you need?

Well give me examples of those streaming services please?

At the moment we're talking about 2TB to 2.5TB.

But i just bought a Go Pro Camera for HD 1080p filming underwater (well it films everywhere) and each video is like 4GB...

and i thought i could join everything, videos, photos, movies, series in one place, and then just have XBMC to stream everything!

ps: not 50€/month, it's 50€/year ! up to 80€ i guess...
ps: i already got answers from MediaFire and Rapidshare saying they don't have ftp access... still waiting for Hotfile and Fileserve to say if this is possible to do
Have u thought about renting and ovh server ?
U can setup your own FTP and web server which u could add to xbmc...
I would recommend setting up your own FTP server with a NAS. Provided your upload speeds wherever your NAS is are above around 5-6 Mbps and your download speeds wherever you are are above around 15-20 Mbps (sorry I don't know the exact speeds but those are my estimates from experience), you will be able to stream your HD content (those speeds are for 720p content, I don't have enough 1080p content to remember if it works at those speeds as well) to any XBMC client with an internet connection that points to your ftp filesystem. At around $300 USD on the lower end, the NAS will be cost-efficient after a short while when compared to renting space.