Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV2 JB - Loss of Apple Movie/TV Show Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slightly off-topic from XBMC specifically but I think it may be related to my XBMC install.

I have now jail-broken my ATV2 about 5 times. Currently I'm running 4.4.4 untethered using seasonpass - installed nitotv, XBMC, blah, blah, blah. Starting from the first time a year ago on 4.4.3, each time I JB, the apple store functions (Movies, TV Shows), and many of the new 4.4 internet options (NBA, NHL, etc) work fine. Then I proceed to install Nito, then XBMC. At some point along the way, the apple store functions die. Anytime thereafter when I select any option under movies or tv shows it restarts the ATV2. Also, all the new internet options disappear leave only Youtube, podcasts, photo stream, mobile me, flickr, radio.

As I said, this has happened each time I JB. Something during the process of installing XBMC or its many plugins, programs, repositories, etc. must be doing it but I can never pinpoint when or why.

Is this something that anyone else has run in to? Weird and annoying.
It's probably resetting country/regional/location information on the ATV2. Certain options will go hidden based on the location in the ATV2's native settings.
I had the same problem, which was caused by installing Overflow.

Without Overflow everything works normal, but after installing Overflow the movie and tv series option crashes my apple tv..
I have Overflow installed too, but have never experienced this issue.
I had the same problem a few weeks ago, found the answer on this forum somewhere... try unhiding the "internet" tab in overflow.

This fixed it for me.