Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable DVB Tuner HVR-1950
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've posted over on the TV Headend forums but thought I might try here for some help as well.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-1950 and am trying to tune analog cable TV. After more searching than I care to remember I have diagnosed that my problem is that Tvheadend is locking the DTV tuner on as soon as it starts. I have confirmed this by checking the value in my enum_val file with Tvheadend running and not running. I have also confirmed that the tuner works and have had a working Myth setup.

I have no desire to tune HDTV on my HVR-1950. So my question is how can I disable the DTV tuner?

Please be kind as I know very little about Linux.

My Setup:
Ubuntu 10.04
Tvheadend 2.12
Hauppauge HVR-1950

More info...

When I stop Tvheadend and do this "cat /dev/vide0 >/tmp/foo.mpg" it works. My enum_val file narrows to television and the foo.mpg file shows video. As soon as I start Tvheadend the enum_val goes back to DTV.

I think this confirms that Tvheadend is locking the tuner on DTV.

Is there a command I can put somewhere to tell Tvheadend to ignore the DVB tuner? Or maybe tell it to only use the "television" input?

Any help will be very appreciated.
Chris.
I'm still trying to figure this out. Can't say I've made anymore progress. Is there anyone that has an HVR-1950 working with analog on TVheadend?

I tried this with no luck.

In "/etc/init.d/tvheadend" I changed
DAEMON_ARGS="-f -u hts -g video" to
DAEMON_ARGS="-f -u hts -g video -a 0"

I tried 1, 2 ,3 restarting Tvheadend after every change. 0 was the only choice that would show anything in the adapter drop down menu. Unfortunately it was still the Samsung S5H1411 tuner. I also checked the enum_val file. On adapter 0 it had narrowed to DTV. On 1 2 3 it did not narrow and had television, dtv, composite, s-video.