Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eden NOOB - library help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've decided to give Eden a try. Got it installed successfully, and discovered that the library from my Dharma install doesn't work. Someone on the OpenELEC forums mentioned that the library in Eden is not compatible with the Dharma library. Sure enough, all my titles were listed in the library, but nothing would play. I've successfully rolled back to Dharma for now.

I've been searching for a primer or FAQ or How-To or "Eden for Dummies" or some sort of general instructions for moving from Dharma to Eden. Can't seem to find such information.

Can anyone explain what I need to do or point me to some instructions? Thanks!
Big Grin
It should upgrade your library file (actually copes then updates a copy) automatically. We'll need a debug log (xbmc.log with debugging turned on) to be able to tell you why it didn't work.
OK, I'll try to get a log posted. In the mean time, I just did the upgrade again and played around a bit. I deleted a few of my library shares and tried to add them back again. I could browse to the NFS share on my synology NAS, but it would not select/read the actual folder (e.g. /volume1/videos/Full_DVDs for my DVD folder.) While trying to add a source, I could navigate to it, but when I went to select it nothing would happen.

I've never posted a log before. Should I boot to xbmc turn on logging, then re-boot?
sion28 Wrote:I've never posted a log before. Should I boot to xbmc turn on logging, then re-boot?

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Attempt to play a couple of videos, then when they fail close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
I appreciate the tips on the log. I've read that before in other threads, never had to do it, so couldn't remember.

I did go and read the wiki on NFS shares though, and following the instructions there, fixed the problem. My nfs shares did not have the "insecure" option enabled, apparently. I'm not sure why my NFS shares worked in Dharma but not Eden, though. Weird.

Anyway, I can't post the log, because it appears that Eden has broken the ability to FTP to my xbmc box. I'm running OpenELEC, so I'll probably go to the OE forums and post there...

I guess I'll roll back to Dharma again, and see if that fixes the FTP issue.
sion28 Wrote:I appreciate the tips on the log. I've read that before in other threads, never had to do it, so couldn't remember.

I did go and read the wiki on NFS shares though, and following the instructions there, fixed the problem. My nfs shares did not have the "insecure" option enabled, apparently. I'm not sure why my NFS shares worked in Dharma but not Eden, though. Weird.

Anyway, I can't post the log, because it appears that Eden has broken the ability to FTP to my xbmc box. I'm running OpenELEC, so I'll probably go to the OE forums and post there...

I guess I'll roll back to Dharma again, and see if that fixes the FTP issue.

Quick question ... does being in debugging mode disable the FTP server?

Edit: what I mean is, if you have "Enable debug logging" ticked... does that disable FTP?
Okay, it doesn't seem to be related to debug logging or not. It's when I install Eden Beta. Everything seems to be working except I can't FTP to my xbmc box when Eden is running. If I roll back to Dharma, FTP works fine.

Huh

EDIT: Oh, SSH is dead too. Everything else seems to work fine, except I can't get to the system over the network. But it can see the internet...

I can use windows (XP) explorer and browse to //openelec/ and see some files that way, but can't get to the hidden shares where the debug log is.
Apparently SSH is disabled in OpenELEC Eden beta builds, but can easily be re-enabled. I am not at home, so haven't tried the fix yet, but hopefully this also re-enables FTP.