Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Window DeInit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems it's taking a lot of time

Code:
[b]15:42:26[/b] T:2899284672   DEBUG: OnKey: escape (f01b) pressed, action is PreviousMenu
15:42:26 T:2899284672   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate
15:42:42 T:2953924608   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory :
'smb://user:password@NAS/bucko/Odrasli/Movies/Balkan%20Ekspres'
                                            unix_err:'3c' error : 'Operation timed out'
15:42:42 T:2953924608   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
smb://user:password@NAS/bucko/Odrasli/Movies/Balkan Ekspres/
15:42:42 T:2953924608   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 2953924608 terminating
[b]15:42:42[/b] T:2899284672   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
15:42:42 T:2899284672   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Activate new
15:42:42 T:2899284672   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
15:42:42 T:2899284672    INFO: Loading skin file: Home.xml
15:42:42 T:2899284672   DEBUG: Load Home.xml: 46.51ms
15:42:42 T:2899284672   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 46.63ms (46.60 ms skin load)

This is on Beta 2, OS X 10.7.2 with video thumbnails extraction disabled.
its that broken samba share which timesout ... fix it and it will be fine...
Memphiz Wrote:its that broken samba share which timesout ... fix it and it will be fine...

Sometimes I wonder why do I try.

So, XBMC talking to linux smb is broken as well?

No I will not fix it. It's your "job" - I do the skining and have paid some money as well.
i have the feeling you totally missunderstood me...
see that smb url with the error? verify that it is there ... and also i allways suggest to use the ip instead of the netbios name. Because netbios name lookup might get wonky and then problems like yours might appear because of the ip can't be found from the name.
Memphiz Wrote:see that smb url with the error? verify that it is there ... and also i allways suggest to use the ip instead of the netbios name. Because netbios name lookup might get wonky and then problems like yours might appear because of the ip can't be found from the name.

My apologies - "fix it and it will go away" sounded like "patches welcomed"... Sad

I'll try with IP instead. Thanks.
pecinko Wrote:My apologies - "fix it and it will go away" sounded like "patches welcomed"... Sad

I'll try with IP instead. Thanks.

So this samba share which is mentioned in the error log is really there on the server right? Fine then - report back if IP fixes it for you...

And yeah - when i read my post again it could be missinterpreted hehe ;o)
even if it was "fix it and it will go away" == "patches welcomed" its still not his "job" to do anything for you ... No

the fact that you donated does not entitle you to behave like that.
amet Wrote:even if it was "fix it and it will go away" == "patches welcomed" its still not his "job" to do anything for you ... No

the fact that you donated does not entitle you to behave like that.

I think that this has been already communicated and closed between Memphis and myself. There is nothing misbehaving in sentence "your "job" is contributing core code and fixes while mine "job" is contributing skin code and fixes (or/and money).

Any personal animosity between you and me I'll be glad to resolve via PM. I've been member since 2008, I'm 40, not some 15 year old not knowing his manners and never had a single problem with anybody from the DEV team save for your harsh replies (see your previous posts) lately.
pecinko Wrote:I think that this has been already communicated and closed between Memphis and myself. There is nothing misbehaving in sentence "your "job" is contributing core code and fixes while mine "job" is contributing skin code and fixes (or/and money).

Any personal animosity between you and me I'll be glad to resolve via PM. I've been member since 2008, I'm 40, not some 15 year old not knowing his manners and never had a single problem with anybody from the DEV team save for your harsh replies (see your previous posts) lately.

point is that none of this is anyones job.

animosity? I just hate when anything anyone does here gets treated as "do it now, cos its your job" + pulling a donator card every time someone says something is not something I like to see.... but thats just my opinion.

whether you have been member since 2008 or 2012, donator or not, 40 or 14 ..... "your job" does not fly ...

Cheers,
amet
amet Wrote:point is that none of this is anyones job.

I understand that you might feel this way, but there is no rational reason to.

There is a good reason that I've put "job" in quotations. It's not your job to code XBMC the same way it isn't mine job to code the skin.

However, since we decided to contribute and take the coding tasks anyway I will not ask you to fix my skin and you don't ask me to fix your XBMC code. Do we understand each other now?

I'm merely saying - I have already contributed in many ways so don't ask me to contribute further by fixing the XBMC code, that's your part of "job" and I know nothing about it. Please note that I'm not requesting new feature here but reporting strange situation and possible bug.

I understand it may be hard to read user complaints and that some of them may not respect work you do or may demand features in a rude way. However, don't put me in the same box as I'm clearly not one of them.
pecinko Wrote:I understand that you might feel this way, but there is no rational reason to.

There is a good reason that I've put "job" in quotations. It's not your job to code XBMC the same way it isn't mine job to code the skin.

However, since we decided to contribute and take the coding tasks anyway I will not ask you to fix my skin and you don't ask me to fix your XBMC code. Do we understand each other now?

I'm merely saying - I have already contributed in many ways so don't ask me to contribute further by fixing the XBMC code, that's your part of "job" and I know nothing about it. Please note that I'm not requesting new feature here but reporting strange situation and possible bug.

I understand it may be hard to read user complaints and that some of them may not respect work you do or may demand features in a rude way. However, don't put me in the same box as I'm clearly not one of them.

noted

Cheers,
amet
@Memphiz

Using IP address instead of netbios name seems to help. I'll post if this changes in time.