Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logitech Harmony One works in general but no the OK/Enter button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Version :
xbmc-10.1-live
USBInstaller : LiLi
Architecture : 64 bits
Hardware : Zotac HD-ND22
Skin : Aeon NOX
Remote : Logitech Harmony One with a HP reciver. The Logitech Harmiony One XBMC is set up as Microsoft Windows Media Center(EU).
This has worked great with the openElec.

Problem : The OK button that is bound to Enter is not working? When hitting OK button on the remote the menu chouise will not be triggered? I have to use a USB keyboard for this? It is however poassible to browse left and right?

Why is the OK not working?
Look in your map file for XBMC and if its there, look in your LIRC map file to see if you actually mapped the button with irrecord..

By the sound of it, you mapped it in irrecord but did not map it in XBMC so XBMC doesnt know what to do when you press the OK button..

I might be wrong, its been a while since I've configured my remote ..
(2012-01-22, 19:13)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Version :
xbmc-10.1-live
Remote : Logitech Harmony One with a HP reciver. The Logitech Harmiony One XBMC is set up as Microsoft Windows Media Center(EU).

Problem : The OK button that is bound to Enter is not working? When hitting OK button on the remote the menu chouise will not be triggered? I have to use a USB keyboard for this? It is however poassible to browse left and right?

You probably solved the issue already, but I'm going to answer it anyway in case someone with the same issue comes across this post.
To fix your problem you need to enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses" under Settings->System->Input.

Go to your harmony setup again and change the OK button's function to 'SELECT' in stead of 'ENTER'.

Cheers Cool
(2012-06-11, 14:40)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-22, 19:13)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Version :
xbmc-10.1-live

You probably solved the issue already, but I'm going to answer it anyway in case someone with the same issue comes across this post.
To fix your problem you need to enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses" under Settings->System->Input.

Cheers Cool

I am having the exact same issue. I did enable this in settings. I have checked my Lircmap.xml, remote.xml and keyboard.xml. Everything was working just fine in OpenElec but after switching to XBMCbuntu, I can't get "Enter" to work. I hopped into a terminal and ran irw to make sure the key press was being sent. Everything looks ok.

Any other ideas?
Go to your harmony setup again and change the OK button's function to 'SELECT' in stead of 'ENTER'.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
That worked. I'm a bit confused why all of my directives from remote.xml and keyboard.xml are being ignored. I need to check the log and see if they're even being loaded.
I ran into this issue recently with a Harmony 650 that had been migrated over from another Harmony model (not sure if that's significant).

I found that OK worked when I was in Devices mode on the remote and selected the Media Center, but not with the default Activities mode that the remote was in immediately after powering things on.

Turns out I needed to customize button settings not for the device, but for the activity. OK and a few other buttons weren't mapped through the activity. Setting those up manually made everything work properly.