Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] How to customize RC6 remote in Eden (OpenELEC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently I have a Dell-branded "RC6" MCE remote (pic), and USB receiver (looks like this one). Most of the buttons were automatically mapped pretty well, but I'd like to customize it a bit (e.g. to make the Power button bring up the shutdown dialog).

I'm having some trouble understanding how to do this. To start with, is this guide correct for Eden?

[LINUX] HOW-TO use all custom buttons of your remote control with LIRC

The files described there don't exist on my system, namely:
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/Keymap.xml

Also, the $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ directory is empty.

However, I do notice that /etc/lirc/ does have a couple of files in it:
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf.devinput

My setup:
- OpenELEC-Fusion.i386-devel-20120122164134-r9616
- XBMC 11.0-BETA2 Git:f76c547 (Compiled: Jan 21, 2012)
- Running on a Zotac ZBOX-AD02-U, with 4GB RAM, 32GB Onyx SATA SSD
- Linux zbox 3.2.1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 22 16:44:47 CET 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

Let me know if you need more info, e.g. the debug log. (Doesn't seem relevant to my question, I think.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
After hours and hours of playing with the same issues I finally worked it all out this article helped me out a bunch

http://www.technazgul.com/2010_09_01_archive.html
Thanks for the article. I skimmed it--looks useful. I will have to dig in sometime later.

Do you know if the info in the article still applies to Eden? I see that it's from 2010 (September), and it refers to Dharma.
hi
thank you for the link but I do not see how I can find the name of the remote control or the key names to build the file Lirkmap.xml
gloire, do not use this please, unless you use Eden as well and have the same remote.