Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Web Interface remote control skin for XBMC's Web Server that fit a PSP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
momdad has proven that you can control xbmc with your psp as i have tried it and many others have. only problem there are alot of errors and formatting problems.

maybe you guys could come up with a compatible way to control xmbc from your psp. and not only be compatible but make it look good too Smile
okay so ive been messing around with the web server on xbmc and can control all the features of xbmc through my psp. however i suck at html and im even worse with asp so i was woundering if you guys plan to make a psp size version of the web server. also i know you guys have nothing to do with the psp but i also get a connection error when i use the player controls does anyone know if i can somehow fix that?
this really is a suggestion i think everyone with psps would be intreasted in.
okay so ive been messing around with the web server on xbmc and can control all the features of xbmc through my psp. however i suck at html and im even worse with asp so i was woundering if you guys plan to make a psp size version of the web server. also i know you guys have nothing to do with the psp but i also get a connection error when i use the player controls does anyone know if i can somehow fix that?
this really is a suggestion i think everyone with psps would be intreasted in.
i'd love to see complete web control but it is not on the radar for the core devs.

you should check out nads thread. he's been extending the httpapi and adding more & more features... you'd get most of what you want from his api but you'd likely need to develop the web pages yourself.
i'd love to see complete web control but it is not on the radar for the core devs.

you should check out nads thread. he's been extending the httpapi and adding more & more features... you'd get most of what you want from his api but you'd likely need to develop the web pages yourself.
well....um there arleady is complete web control. using the web server in xbmc and just directing your browser to your xbox ip. but my question was wether or not they could resize all the settings(kinda like an alternate web folder) for psp screen size.ive tried myself but asp code is confusing to me and all the control arays are loked in place...as you can see im kinda talking out of my ass but maybe someone with some asp knowlege could do this.
well....um there arleady is complete web control. using the web server in xbmc and just directing your browser to your xbox ip. but my question was wether or not they could resize all the settings(kinda like an alternate web folder) for psp screen size.ive tried myself but asp code is confusing to me and all the control arays are loked in place...as you can see im kinda talking out of my ass but maybe someone with some asp knowlege could do this.
first... the current web page is not complete control
second... find someone else that wants what you want and you may be in business.

otherwise, you may be learning just enough about asp to hack your way through it. it is not that touch and i'm not a programmer and i've built some complex asp pages.

you could always offer to pay someone if you really want it.

heck, i'd do it for some $
(supplicium @ may 09 2005,23:32 Wrote:momdad has proven that you can control xbmc with your psp as i have tried it and many others have. only problem there are alot of errors and formatting problems.

maybe you guys could come up with a compatible way to control xbmc from your psp. and not only be compatible but make it look good too Smile
yeah thats exactly it. a lot of errors. and im not sure what else i would want to control other than what is already there. i can access all my shares, play pause stop and so forth. paying i wont do mostly because your right. i could just teach it myself. i guess my question was more of a statement like wow this is really neat has anyone here done this and got it working properly. or hey how many people know they can do this with there psp and xbmc. well i guess im off to tackle this myself. if anyone wants to help id greatly appreciate it.

let me know how you get on i am also interested !
its possible to pull this off with just asp and css skills

when we did the cvs webserver i just did the gfx and pyranha the website

wouldnt be a prob to just release a mod the cvs webskin to replace it for use with any device that has an internet browser

there were some pocket pc skins out allready - cant be that hard to make it fit the psp screen.

yet i know zero coding so i cant do it - might spice up the looks a bit tho if anyone plans on coding it
well i am hard at work on this and have made a little progress. as soon as its up to par ill post it. im going to end up removing a lot of the graphics and attems make a simpler more optimized layout for the psp but dont worry im sure it will be slick looking when its done.
hi, quick question for a n00b about this, are you talking about creating an html skin that could be viewed on the psp, used for controlling xbmc over a network (preferably wireless) and therefore would function as a remote control?

if this is the case, im gonna get on the case and help out with this, as its a very cool idea..
maybe you guys could extend the web interface to be an actual "remote" so that making changes on the web interface actually changes the xbmc screen.

i believe the you can send key/button presses to xbmc which acts as a remote control.
(jwhittlestone @ oct. 05 2005,16:09 Wrote:hi, quick question for a n00b about this, are you talking about creating an html skin that could be viewed on the psp, used for controlling xbmc over a network (preferably wireless) and therefore would function as a remote control?

if this is the case, im gonna get on the case and help out with this, as its a very cool idea..
it can already be done on the psp but the screen layout isnt very appealing to the eyes. unfortunatly i only have 2 days out of the week to work on this but it is slowly coming along. ill post some screens soon.
Pages: 1 2