Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NAS drive for Apple TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is off topic but didn't know where to put it. Can a mod move it if needed. Thanks.

-----------------------------
Question. I've an Apple TV2 and wanted to connect all my movies to it so I can select a movie and watch it.

They are all on my PC at the minute and I don't want to have my PC on all the time just to watch a movie. So a NAS drive is probably what i need.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what one to get .. and how easy is it to set up ?

Note: I've Jailbroken my Apple TV Smile
At work we use 4 disk QNAP and Synology NASes, and both are excellent. However these are a bit on the expensive side. Still I would say it's a worthwhile investment for the future.

JR
if i have a NAS drive hooked up to my router could my friends connect to it via IP from there houses ? via the Apple TV i mean ?
Yes one of my friends connects to mine
NeVeREire Wrote:if i have a NAS drive hooked up to my router could my friends connect to it via IP from there houses ? via the Apple TV i mean ?

Yes in principle, but this can be tricky to set up. If your ADSL line has a dynamic IP address you'll need to use a service like DynDNS so your friends can find you. Also unless you have an unusually fast upload speed you won't be able to stream video, though music would be OK.

JR