Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: .avi files not playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I have added some .avi files to xbmc which for some reason will not load at all, no error messages are given in the program itself - I am running beta 2, and the relevant info from the log file is as follows:

00:08:01 T:644 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
00:08:22 T:5632 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
00:08:23 T:3664 ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [H:\TV Shows\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\test1.avi]. tvshow does not exist yet..
00:08:26 T:3664 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
00:08:26 T:3664 ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [H:\TV Shows\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\Two And A Half Men Season 01 Episode 01 - Pilot - Most Chicks Wont Eat Veal.avi]. tvshow does not exist yet..
00:08:26 T:3664 ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [H:\TV Shows\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\Two And A Half Men Season 01 Episode 02 - Big Flappy Bastards.avi]. tvshow does not exist yet..
00:08:30 T:3664 ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [H:\TV Shows\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\test1.avi]. tvshow does not exist yet..
00:08:31 T:3664 ERROR: CGUIWindowVideoBase::ShowIMDB: could not add episode [H:\TV Shows\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\Two And A Half Men Season 01 Episode 11 - Alan Harper, Frontier Chiropractor.avi]. tvshow does not exist yet..

any ideas why this might be happening?

I have even tried converting the files using alltoavi, which I have had much luck with before, thanks in advance
Update: For some reason, my copy of beta 2 will not play .avi files at all if there is no media info found for the files - even though i have been using ember media manager to scrape the info, for some reason the naming convention was not allowing xbmc to get the info after it was scraped. The files were scraped correctly, and when i renamed the files 1x01, 1x02... they were playing correctly. I'm not sure if this is considered a bug or not? This is the only show affected in this manner, even though I have many others with simillar naming conventions that worked correctly...