Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default thumbnail for RecentlyAddedMovies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the default Confluence skin and XBMC Eden b2.

When a movie gets added to my library that doesn't have a thumbnail, it shows up in the recently added list (on the home screen) and having no default image.
It is just blank (see below). This looks crappy and it also makes it hard to select the movie because the blue highlight-select border does not show up for movies without images.

So, I want to add a default image.

I've read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

And I've added a default png image with these names in my XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/media directory:
DefaultMovies.png
DefaultMovieTitle.png
DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png
DefaultVideo.png
DefaultVideoCover.png

Restarted XBMC, but still no default icons show up.

Any help would be appreciated.
All those textures will already be in the texture.xbt which is why your ones aren't working.
Try this: go to IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml in the 720p folder and (for movies) on lines 243, 250, 257, 264, 271 replace <icon> with <icon fallback="DefaultVideo.png> (or whichever image you want to use).

For TV episodes scroll further down to lines 387, 394, 401, 408 and replace the <thumb> tag similarly.

There's probably a better way of doing it, but that seems to work.
scudlee Wrote:Try this: go to IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml in the 720p folder and (for movies) on lines 243, 250, 257, 264, 271 replace <icon> with <icon fallback="DefaultVideo.png> (or whichever image you want to use).

For TV episodes scroll further down to lines 387, 394, 401, 408 and replace the <thumb> tag similarly.

There's probably a better way of doing it, but that seems to work.

Thanks! I will try this later and report back.
Yes, editing the skin's xml file does work, however it becomes a maintenance issue since I have a half dozen XBMC client PC's and need to maintain it on them.

Is there any other way to accomplish this without editing the skin's xml?
Post the problem in the skin's forum.