Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] need to get remote working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

i have a harmony one remote with a rc6 reciever that was working fine with the windows version of xbmc.

I have now switched to xbmc freaks beta 2 and cant get the remote to work. Its emulating a mce keyboard.

PLEASE HELP! quite a noob when it comes to linux.

Matt
Im new to linux to but il try to help.
is it a usb unit ? then type command lsusb and post the output.
Thanks for the reply

Bit of a update, I tried the remote that came with the receiver and it works. So it must be a setting on the harmony somewhere. No problem I'll use the harmony to learn the codes of the mce remote.

The only thing that doesn't works is there is no button on the mce remote for the context menu. Info button works though.

Any ideas how I can get the context menu working, assign it to a unused button?

Once I've got that working I'll work on the harmony.

Once again thanks.

Matt
sorry there, it was only if it was some driver issue with usb/rc6 reciever. If the rc6 was connected to the xbmc (ubuntu)
matt77303 Wrote:Thanks for the reply

Bit of a update, I tried the remote that came with the receiver and it works. So it must be a setting on the harmony somewhere. No problem I'll use the harmony to learn the codes of the mce remote.

The only thing that doesn't works is there is no button on the mce remote for the context menu. Info button works though.

Any ideas how I can get the context menu working, assign it to a unused button?

Once I've got that working I'll work on the harmony.

Once again thanks.

Matt

You must configure the Harmony as MCE Remote, not as MCE Keyboard. I use a Harmony One with a RC6 Receiver and it is working perfect.

For the Context Menu, you have to map the key in the remote.xml as you want... for example i use the Guide Button. Default is the "Title" Button on any MCE Remote so i mapped the Title Button on the Harmonys Guide Button.

Check your remote.xml file.
john.cord Wrote:You must configure the Harmony as MCE Remote, not as MCE Keyboard. I use a Harmony One with a RC6 Receiver and it is working perfect.

For the Context Menu, you have to map the key in the remote.xml as you want... for example i use the Guide Button. Default is the "Title" Button on any MCE Remote so i mapped the Title Button on the Harmonys Guide Button.

Check your remote.xml file.

Thanks very much, i followed this,

http://www.loggn.de/linux-ubuntu-lirc-xb...board-xml/

via google translate and its all working apart from skip forward and back they use to move the film on a bit now when i press skip forward it goes straight to the end of the movie and back to the menu.

Any ideas?

Matt

edit, pressing skip when listening to music skips to the next track, pressing it while watching a film makes it skips to the end and a pop up says summit about not finding playlist

Matt
This is the correct behaviour for skip forward (and back).

Skip forward jumps to the next item in the playlist. When you're playing music XBMC assumes the next track is the next item in the playlist, so the skip jumps to the next track. When you play a video XBMC creates a playlist (the "Now Playing" playlist) containing just one item i.e. the video you're playing, so Skip jumps to the next item in the playlist, i.e. nothing, and playback stops.

Do you want the same action as the arrow keys i.e. jump 10 minutes? If so just adjust the mapping accordingly.

JR
in the remote.xml?

matt
john.cord Wrote:You must configure the Harmony as MCE Remote, not as MCE Keyboard. I use a Harmony One with a RC6 Receiver and it is working perfect.

If by context menu you mean, for example, going to menu for language, sutitles etc while playing a movie, you actually don't need to change anything on XBMC in my experience.

If above is correct, then I had the exact same problem. Installed Live (with an HP receiver) and set my Harmony 600 to act as "MCE" and got all buttons to work out of the box (with Info displaying media info and Guide displaying stream info, CPU load etc @ playback), but Menu didn't work at all and was was plain unmapped in the Harmony software and further not possible to map correctly.

After some googling I found out that adding a version number after MCE (e.g. MCE-123) could solve the problem, and it sure did! After deleting MCE and adding a MCE-123 all buttons including menu worked.

In the best of worlds I would remember which version number I used, but I don't and am at work, so can't check Sad