Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Airplay issues.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently upgraded from Eden beta 1 to 2 and tried to stream video from my ipad via airplay without success. I've had it working previously, using AirVideo to stream from my ipad to an XBMC client. Music videos still work, but can't stream via AirVideo anymore. Has something changed between beta 1&2 to disable this?

Running Eden beta 2, Aeon Nox, Vista.
Using Beta 2 (I've never used Airplay before now), I can only get it to work from the Youtube app, when I start video from any other app it'll show one frame on the XBMC screen then kick back to the menu. I haven't gone as far as turning on Airplay debugging to see what the issue might be.
Was beginning to think it was just me. Its strange because airplayit works, it's just a nightmare to access remotely. Some may wonder why bother but it's great for taking movies and such to friends houses, most of mine have xbmc already. With I**f**** gone now it's a great alternative.
I just rolled back to Beta 1 on my test box, and Airplay works fine. I'll do some digging in the logs when I get time.
better ppst the logs ... i changed a bit for fixing an issue when using ios5 clients (which didn't work on beta1) - obviously i broke something there ... i allways tested with youtube app and video app from ios5 and ios4.3 devices...
whats that airvideo thing?
AirVideo is an iOS app that allows you to stream video from your PC via 3G or WiFi. It effectively turns your PC into a server, complete with remote access.

Get to a friends, get them to turn on their XBMC Client, fire up AirVideo on the iPad/iPhone, hit airplay and hey presto! Mobile media library, transcoded in HD Big Grin

A bit long winded for some I know, but for me it's a simple easy solution.

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/PhaGcYb0. It's my first log post so forgive me if it's not quite right.
Update: Finally configured Air Playit (similar app) and that utilises XBMC AirPlay just fine. Not sure what that does that AirVideo doesn't?
Any links to Air Playit?
Deano316 Wrote:Update: Finally configured Air Playit (similar app) and that utilises XBMC AirPlay just fine. Not sure what that does that AirVideo doesn't?

It's definitely not just an Airvideo issue, I've tried other apps (even Apple's own Movies/Trailers app) and it won't work with Beta 2.
Movie Trailers and AirVideo works for me. Do you guys use ios5 on your iDevices? If so this might be the problem. Apple did some serious changes in airplay on the iOS 5 clients. I tried to fix most of them but couldn't get the trailer app to work under ios5 (works fine with ios 4.3 though). Maybe this is the problem with AirVideo too then?

Well as just said - i'm currently streaming from Air Video Server via iPad ios 4.3 AirVideo via AirPlay to XBMC running on my linux box.
I'm running iOS 5 on my iPad & iPhone, maybe that's the problem? My iPad isn't jail broken either, don't know if that makes a difference?
this might be an issue ( i mean ios5 - jailbreaking isn't needed and doesn't solve that issue) - do you have any ios 4.3 device for testing? i for myself had ios5 on my ipad for tracking some issues down - obviously not all of them. the fact that ios 5 made my ipad nearly unusable slow made me downgrade to 4.3 again. Since i don't have a dedicated development device i'm not going to upgrade again - the ipad has to work fast because i use it every day for other stuff...
Unfortunately my iPad2 is my only iOS device Confused as much as I'd like to get this working, Airplayit is a decent substitute for now. Maybe this will be put right at a later date. I appreciate all the work that has been done so far though, good job Wink
moving to general. I've seen this happen to on XBMC with Mac OS X and Crystalbuntu. Will post some logs in a bit here.
Pages: 1 2