Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Script Failed: Addon.py -- Academic Earth plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Every time I try to view a video inthe Academic Earth plugin I get a "Script error: addon.py"

It was working about a week ago but I haven't been able to use it for the past week or so. I can play the videos directly from the site.

Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/ksHxWLiL

Thanks.
rrand Wrote:Hello,

Every time I try to view a video inthe Academic Earth plugin I get a "Script error: addon.py"

It was working about a week ago but I haven't been able to use it for the past week or so. I can play the videos directly from the site.

Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/ksHxWLiL

Thanks.

I will take a look at this tomorrow, thanks for the notice.
My system experiences same problem when attempting to run against Eden 11.0 RC2 on Windows XP

Log file uploaded to following pastebin location : http://pastebin.com/pVtCvZs0
I've updated the plugin. Once it gets pulled into the official repo you should get the updates. Thanks.
Hello I'v got the same problem. When selecting Subjects or Universities, I get an empty list. When selection instructors, I get only instructors beginning with 'a'. When selecting an instructor or select top rated instructors, playlists or website favorites I get error "addon.py".

I'm using ubuntu precise pengolin, xbmc 11.0 (standard from package manager) and installed the addon via the addon (1.2.1) repository from within xbmc. I also tried to install different versions (1.2.0, 1.2.8, ..) from zip file from github without success.

What is the current working version or combination of system / xbmc version / addon version that works? Is there any workaround? If you need more information I'll try to provide everything you need. Is there a bugtracker for this addon or xbmc addons in general anywhere?

Thanks for help! People out there looking for free education need your help! Wink
(2012-09-03, 01:21)tekkentux Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I'v got the same problem. When selecting Subjects or Universities, I get an empty list. When selection instructors, I get only instructors beginning with 'a'. When selecting an instructor or select top rated instructors, playlists or website favorites I get error "addon.py".

I'm using ubuntu precise pengolin, xbmc 11.0 (standard from package manager) and installed the addon via the addon (1.2.1) repository from within xbmc. I also tried to install different versions (1.2.0, 1.2.8, ..) from zip file from github without success.

What is the current working version or combination of system / xbmc version / addon version that works? Is there any workaround? If you need more information I'll try to provide everything you need. Is there a bugtracker for this addon or xbmc addons in general anywhere?

Thanks for help! People out there looking for free education need your help! Wink

They've redesigned the entire website, which obviously caused the plugin to break Sad

I'll try to get a new version out in the next few days.

@jbel Thanks so much and waiting for your new version of the plug-in.

It is not working for weeks.
(2012-09-03, 10:27)ailingcoot Wrote: [ -> ]@jbel Thanks so much and waiting for your new version of the plug-in.

This addon is now fixed in Eden. XBMC should automatically update you to 1.3.1.

The rewrite is missing some of the extra menus from the previous version, but I'l get to them soon.
Nice! thank you so much! Now I can just laydown with my remote control in my hand and watch academic earth on my htpc again! This is awesome! Thx. do you hava a flattr acc? Wink
Glad to help Smile

I don't have a flattr at the moment, you can give something to XBMC instead Wink
(2012-09-06, 16:49)jbel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-03, 10:27)ailingcoot Wrote: [ -> ]@jbel Thanks so much and waiting for your new version of the plug-in.

This addon is now fixed in Eden. XBMC should automatically update you to 1.3.1.

The rewrite is missing some of the extra menus from the previous version, but I'l get to them soon.

nice job, it is working now!!! I got the menu of SubjectsRofl
I am getting constant addon.py failure errors trying to use this plugin. It's not working at all. Tried this on three different computers, on eden and frodo rc2, on xbmcbuntu and win7. I have reinstalled plugin to have last version, have used youtube plugin before using academic earth (youtube worked). All the same: addon.py failed.
(2013-01-03, 13:10)fioleciak Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting constant addon.py failure errors trying to use this plugin. It's not working at all. Tried this on three different computers, on eden and frodo rc2, on xbmcbuntu and win7. I have reinstalled plugin to have last version, have used youtube plugin before using academic earth (youtube worked). All the same: addon.py failed.

Thanks for the heads up. Can you paste a link to you xbmc.log file?
The issue is parsing the youtube id from lecture pages. The website has changed and the entire embed section is missing. On the website, you can no longer play embedded videos, so I assume this is a bug on their part. I want to wait a day or two to see if they fix it before issuing an update.

In the meantime, here is a temporary fix:

Code:
~/code/xbmc-academic-earth (master) ► cat aa.patch
diff --git resources/lib/academicearth/scraper.py resources/lib/academicearth/scraper.py
index 3879dda..334423c 100644
--- resources/lib/academicearth/scraper.py
+++ resources/lib/academicearth/scraper.py
@@ -238,12 +238,9 @@ class Lecture(object):

@staticmethod
     def parse_youtube_id(html):
-        embed = html.find('embed')
-        yt_ptn = re.compile(r'http://www.youtube.com/v/(.+?)\?')
-        match = yt_ptn.search(embed['src'])
-        if match:
-            return match.group(1)
-        return None
+        url = html.find('a',
+                        href=lambda h: h.startswith('http://www.youtube.com'))
+        return url['href'].split('=')[1]

def _get_courses_or_lectures(class_type, html):

If you pase that code (minus the 1st line) into a file called aa.patch, you can run patch -p0 < aa.patch from the root of the academic earth addon directory.
(2013-01-03, 20:08)jbel Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is parsing the youtube id from lecture pages.

Thank you for answering. I could not react in time to your log request, but since it looks like you have found the problem core anyway, I will wait a bit for a more permanent solution. Thanks again Smile
Pages: 1 2