Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Same file on multible sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've just got the hang of file-sharing and XBMC's movie library functions, but now I've got a question regarding this!

I have two computers right now, one desktop PC in my room and one laptop. All my movies and TV-series are located on the internal drives of my desktop computer, and I'm streaming everything to my laptop via the network.
The library on my laptop is configured to search for movies and TV-series on my desktop computer, and everything works like a charm!

Now let's say that I were to bring my laptop with me somewhere where I can't connect to my network at home. Is it possible to copy some episodes to my laptop, tell XBMC that those episodes are avaiable on the desktop computer ASWELL as on the harddrive of my laptop, without getting double copies of the episode in the library and XBMC telling me that one of the copies can't be found?

Thanks in advance!
There's a number of ways you could do it but the easiest would be to use a separate profile for the stuff on your laptop
With a separate profile I assume you mean adding a new identical source, but calling it something else, like "TV-series laptop", am I right?
What I mean is create a new profile and then only add the source that's on your laptop to that profile

You can create profiles in XBMC which is completely separate so can have its own library with its own source, skin, settings etc
Oh I see! That worked perfectly, thank you for the help!!