Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xfer XBMC video plugins from one atv2 to anothe..r
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have an atv2 with xbmc and a multitude of video plugins installed.

Naturally a few members of my family have seen the setup and have all since purchased an atv2 and have been asking me to get them up and running with xbmc.

I have done 3 so far and each time I have installed xbmc on each and then found myself having to install all the repos individually and then installing the add ons one by one on each box which is very time consuming and monotonous.

If we assume that each one of my family members atv2's is freshly jailbroken with stock xbmc installed (no add ons )
Im wondering if I can just use my atv2 in its current set up as a "base build" so to speak and If i can take a copy of a number of folders on my atv2 and simply xfer them across to the other atv2's I have to speed the process up ?

If i copy the contents of my addons folder across to the same directory on another apple tv 2 will it just work (i.e will all the video plugins then appear in the video plugin list)? Or do the plugins link in with many other directories which would also need to be copied?

Im waffling Smile but essentially im looking for the quickest way to mirror the xbmc setup on my atv2 to the others.

Any help would be appreciated Smile
voltgaming Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s_settings

Life saver, thanks very much mate Smile will give it a try
Many of the great extras that were listed here are now at xbmc hub.
jimmymcmahon Wrote:Hi guys,

I have an atv2 with xbmc and a multitude of video plugins installed.

Naturally a few members of my family have seen the setup and have all since purchased an atv2 and have been asking me to get them up and running with xbmc.

I have done 3 so far and each time I have installed xbmc on each and then found myself having to install all the repos individually and then installing the add ons one by one on each box which is very time consuming and monotonous.

If we assume that each one of my family members atv2's is freshly jailbroken with stock xbmc installed (no add ons )
Im wondering if I can just use my atv2 in its current set up as a "base build" so to speak and If i can take a copy of a number of folders on my atv2 and simply xfer them across to the other atv2's I have to speed the process up ?

If i copy the contents of my addons folder across to the same directory on another apple tv 2 will it just work (i.e will all the video plugins then appear in the video plugin list)? Or do the plugins link in with many other directories which would also need to be copied?

Im waffling Smile but essentially im looking for the quickest way to mirror the xbmc setup on my atv2 to the others.

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Here is also a great tutorial on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_0ChXJ7w...bJR_G2C2ok