Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please help me, I need configuration for Audio over HDMI, ASRock A75M-ITX.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all
Please help me, I very angry because I got all hardware for building XBMC and nothing works, I got problem at first with AMD gfx driver issue and now I can't hear any sound.
Please can somebody tell me how I can listen sound over HDMI.
I have "ASRock A75M-ITX" and CPU "A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D".
Please can somebody help me.
What setting I need to do?
Please!!!!!!!
Lejla
Finally I will buy new hardware, the hardware I have, I will throw it in the trash.
Could somebody can tell me which hardware works with XBMC Live?
Lejla Wrote:Finally I will buy new hardware, the hardware I have, I will throw it in the trash.
Could somebody can tell me which hardware works with XBMC Live?

NVidia has really good support in Live. GT210-240 are fairly low priced and work well @ 1080p. Any Motherboard and processor should be fine. I'm personnaly only using an older single core AMD.
Lejla Wrote:Hi to all
Please help me, I very angry because I got all hardware for building XBMC and nothing works, I got problem at first with AMD gfx driver issue and now I can't hear any sound.
Please can somebody tell me how I can listen sound over HDMI.
I have "ASRock A75M-ITX" and CPU "A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D".
Please can somebody help me.
What setting I need to do?
Please!!!!!!!
Lejla

i have the exact same hardware as you. use latest unstable openelec and all should be working. openelec footprint is very small. theres no need to waste money.
Hi Public Enemy, can you tell me please, what your Audio settings are?
I install OpenElec Version "stable (1.0) - 1.0.2 Fusion i386 (104 MB)"
"OpenELEC-Fusion.i386-1.0.2.tar.bz2" and HDMI didn't work for me?
Thank you.
Lejla
I had same problem when first setting up my Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H.
I went into the settings for sound and changed:
Audio Output - HDMI
Output device -HDA ATI HDMI hdmi
Passthrough Device - iec958

I don't know what all of these settings are and I assume your Motherboard has a different sound controller, so just try each option until it works.

I believe you have to exit out of the settings screen for changes to take effect because at first I would change a setting then use my iPhone to start the movie again and nothing worked until I actually closed the sound settings window then resumed the movie from my iPhone.

Hope this helps. Sorry, I'm a noobie too.
Maybe a late response but hopefully this will help someone else with the same problem.

I have the exact same setup and i did the following :
Audio Output - Analog
Output device - Custom - plughw:0,3

you can check the 0,3 by ssh'ing to the box and typing aplay -l
-----
card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
-----

card 0, device 3 : 0,3