Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Filenames truncated after date or episode number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm running a build from 2/6 and it seems in the last week or so a change was made to the way directories and filenames are displayed in file mode. instead of displaying the entire directory or filename it just shows what (i guess) would be submitted to the scraper. eg "blah blah blah s01e02 yadda yadda.ext" simply displays as "blah blah blah s01e02". additionally if that filename happens to have a date it is displayed as the year. eg "blah blah blah 2012 01 01 yadda yadda yadda.ext" is displayed as "blah blah blah (2012)". this is especially annoying as any differentiation is lost.

anyway, i'd like to revert to the previous functionality where the entire directory and filename is displayed however i can't seem to find where in the settings or advancedsettings.xml that might be. can anyone point me in the right direction? i went through the last few pages of git commits but didn't see where the change was made.
Please file a new bug ticket and cc jmarshall and me. Thanks.