Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video tearing with HDHomeRun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC Live "Dharma" on one box and OpenElec on another box. Both play from the HDHomeRun perfectly until there is fast panning, like during football when the ball is thrown downfield and the camera pans really fast to keep up with the ball. Then I get what I believe is tearing on both boxes. It's not unwatchable but a bit annoying.

Wikipedia has an example of video tearing here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

I didn't try it out on a Windows PC during the Super Bowl last night to rule out XBMC as the culprit, as opposed to the HDHomeRun itself. I regret that now.

Anyone else experience this? I guess it won't be a problem for me again until September.
deinterlacer on ?
Was set to "None". Any recommendations for 1080i ATSC content?
I've seen it occasionally on mine with both Dharma and Beta1/2 in Ubuntu. I also have an antenna hooked up to the TV so it's not an issue for me. It's slightly less using the HDHomerun QuickTV but still noticeable. My system is a dual core Intel with x4500HD graphics with a max of 256mb shared video memory so I chalk it up to the low power graphics.
Gatorfreak Wrote:Was set to "None". Any recommendations for 1080i ATSC content?

anything but 'deinterlace'. it takes too much CPU for HD content.