Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] XBMC won't find AirPort disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Been away for a month, and when I came home I had a problem with XBMC.
I got my movie library on a hdd connected to my AirPort Extreme and it have worked great until now.
Now it doesn't seem that XBMC will find the disk. If I try to start any movie/tv show I got the error message that the file isn't avalible.

I've tried to reboot all equipment, but same problem.

Thank you in advance!

iOS 4.2.1 / XBMC Eden (the latest)
xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/DuPSRA8k
Does it work when using file mode?
Memphiz Wrote:Does it work when using file mode?

Nope, seems like it lost all comminucation with the airdisk and I can't get it to find it again. Thanks for the reply!
Can't find anything in the log indicating you have even tried to play something.

Maybe beta3 might fix this ... if i remember correct there is a fix for something similar to this. Though strange - didn't experience something like that yet...
Now I've figured out what is wrong. The IP address has changed and therefor i cannot connect. This has never happend before and I know for sure that the IP has changed before without any problems.

Now all of my media is pointing to the wrong address, how can I change that without deleting my whole library? My HDD is connected via AFP.

Thanks again
assign a fixed ip which matches the old one?
Memphiz Wrote:assign a fixed ip which matches the old one?

I have no idea how to do that. Maybe it's just easier to delete the database and do it from scratch.

Thanks
snowballtwo Wrote:Now I've figured out what is wrong. The IP address has changed and therefor i cannot connect. This has never happend before and I know for sure that the IP has changed before without any problems.

Now all of my media is pointing to the wrong address, how can I change that without deleting my whole library? My HDD is connected via AFP.

Thanks again

Are you certain of the ip address change? While DHCP assigns addresses to the client, the Airport Extreme always assigns for itself the address of 10.0.1.1. Not sure how this could have changed (what address do you see it as?).
Eric_S Wrote:Are you certain of the ip address change? While DHCP assigns addresses to the client, the Airport Extreme always assigns for itself the address of 10.0.1.1. Not sure how this could have changed (what address do you see it as?).
I just figured that the was IP changed because when I looked at System -> File manager I could add a new afp connection with the IP address of the AirPort (94.254.57.161).
My earlier connection (the one that's malfunction) has the adress afp://afp//Willie._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Westy, where Willie is the name of my AirPort and Westy my hdd.

But today I can't reach the hdd again, either way I try.