Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Update to Eden broke X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've been scratching my head over this one all day. I have a bunch of experience with Arch Linux and Debian, but it is all from a few years back, so only some is still applicable.

Anyway, here is my problem:

I installed a fresh XBMC Live and it boots and works just fine. I then upgrade to Eden beta 2 doing this:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbmc-live xinit x11-xserver-utils

Instructions I got from here.

So, this breaks X. I get a splash screen with the old XBMC boot screen and then I'm dropped to tty1. However, if I issue "startx" via ssh to the machine, XBMC Eden boots up and runs just fine.

What am I doing wrong here?
X is not broken. If it were, XBMC wouldn't start at all, because X wouldn't start. What changed is the way XBMC autostarts. It's been covered multiple times.

Here's a link that should get you pointed in the right direction.
pumkinut Wrote:X is not broken. If it were, XBMC wouldn't start at all, because X wouldn't start. What changed is the way XBMC autostarts. It's been covered multiple times.

I see, thanks a ton. Couldn't find the problem anywhere using search.
pumkinut Wrote:X is not broken. If it were, XBMC wouldn't start at all, because X wouldn't start. What changed is the way XBMC autostarts. It's been covered multiple times.

Ah, thanks a ton. Couldn't find the problem anywhere using search, but works just fine now.
Hi Guys,

I'm Having the same issue as above, however the script has made no difference and typing startx leaves me with a blank screen. Im running on a Revo3700.