Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 Quick Questions (Music / Weather)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, first off, I did try to search the forums just now, but thanks to my luck, I got this message:

Quote:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /var/www/forum/search.php on line 1012

Anyways, I was wondering:

First, I'm running Windows Eden2, Aeon Nox skin

1) How can I have the weather menu option selected first/automatically in XBMC. The reason why is that I have my computer set to turn on at a set time, then have XBMC open on startup, and play my morning playlist. I would like to have XBMC show the weather for the day at the top as well.

2) How do I have the music screen automatically keep the music information on top (instead of fading to show the visualization)?

Thanks for your help!
1. Settings, Appearance, Skin and set the "Startup window" to "Weather".

2.Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...uration.3E. You can set <songinfoduration> to zero (or a large number) to keep the info permanently displayed.

JR
Thank you jhsrennie, your second solution for the info worked just fine (I set it to an obscenely large number), however, when I set XBMC to load Weather on startup, my auto-playlist doesn't start.

Is it possible to have it set to Home (from the appear,skin,startup), but have the Weather menu option selected (thus making the weather widget appear onscreen) ?

Or, is there something I'm missing that's making the auto-playlist not occur with the auto-start Weather?
Hmm, the "auto-playlist" must be one of the (many) features of XBMC I haven't used. How do you configure this? Is it a general feature or specific to the Aeon Nox skin?

JR