Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding TV Shows problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was using the default skin with XBMC before, and it was grouping my TV shows with my movies. I just downloaded the Xperience skin and i like this one a lot, but I can't figure out how to add the sources for my TV shows. Like when i go into Movies, it automatically shows all of my movies, but when i go to the TV Shows tab, there's nothing. I go up a folder and it shows all of my sources, including the TV shows folder, but it doesn't want to work with the TV shows button for some reason. How do i get this to work?
Sources are sources, they're not really TV or Movies. What makes them show up in TV or Movies is what content the sources (or folders within the sources) are set as:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...he_Library
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...eo_Library)
Maybe i explained myself incorrectly then. I'm using the Xperience skin, and I have buttons for Movies, TV Shows, Music, and Pictures. Now when i had the default skin, I had followed the wiki you provided to set the sources for each button type. It seems the Movies and Pictures types work perfectly. Movies shows all my movies alphabetically, and pictures shows a listing of the folders which are in the main source folder. Now TV shows and Music show somethign different, or nothing at all. When i go into either, It shows a blank window, and the only way I can get to the files where I declared the source, is to press the left arrow, select Files, then it shows me the Source for TV Shows, and likewise for Music, which through that, i can access the files. But how do I direct these sources, or whatever they're called, to the TV shows and Music libraries respectively?
If you do not see anything under TV Shows then you have nothing scanned into the library. You have to both set-content and run a scan on whatever directory/folder contains your TV shows.
Yea it says that it did. But you know what, I switched the skin back to the default, and now everything works, so maybe it just was that skin. Do you recommend a good skin to use by any chance?
Ned Scott Wrote:If you do not see anything under TV Shows then you have nothing scanned into the library. You have to both set-content and run a scan on whatever directory/folder contains your TV shows.

How can i run a scan, or is there an automated way it can do it itself?
the best skin to use when you are setting things up is always going to be the default. As far as running a scan goes you are going to need to point xbmc to your shared folder, you can begin this process by adding sources to specific media. Also when dealing with movies it helps to name it something like this

filename(year of release).mkv

Hope this helps you get off on the right foot.
You know what, I'm still having issues when i am adding content to XBMC. No matter what i set the scanning at, which is recursive, none of that content shows up in the correct spot. I have had to use the Files mode for all playing, which sometimes isn't the nicest looking. I'm open to anyone wanting to do a TeamView on this to try to figure out what i'm doing wrong.
Just to let you all know, i just tried to redo everything. I removed all of my videos sources, and put them back in, now XBMC won't even read half of them, and keeps excluding the ones that have numbers in the names altogether. And i'm still having the same problems with the TV shows not showing in library mode. Files mode doesn't even show all of my movies now. This is honestly really starting to get annoying, as I want this to just work, I was expecting to have to put all this work into getting software to work.
You should probably rename the ones that don't work then.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...g_TV_shows
And i did, that's the problem, same with the movies. I also have a section for Move Extras and one for Movies I have made. Those 2 won't even show up at all in library mode.