Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eden vs Dharma - HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Currently using Dharma on WIN7 with an external player for playback to ensure I get full HD audio.

If I have read the updates correctly, the HD Audio branch did not make it into Eden.

So, can I still upgrade to Eden to take advantage of the interface enhancements and still use the external player to play my movies?

Is it worth the upgrade?

Regards,

Simpic
Worth the update!

It will also ease the transition shock (moved options, new features, etc) when Audio Engine is merged in. For example, we have some people updating to Eden (v11) from v9, and are very turned around! Although, from now on out we should have a "what's changed" FAQ on the wiki (the current one for v10-to-v11 is a work in progress).
Ok great thanks.

I'll wait for the full release then upgrade.

Might look for an SSD at the same time to spice the load times up a little :-)
simpic Wrote:Ok great thanks.

I'll wait for the full release then upgrade.

Might look for an SSD at the same time to spice the load times up a little :-)

You should probably have a look at this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=101...tcount=277
simpic Wrote:So, can I still upgrade to Eden to take advantage of the interface enhancements and still use the external player to play my movies?

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing and it works great!
Is HD audio eventually planned for XBMC? I'm a little leary of going through all kinds of steps and downloading a ton of extra software.
patseguin Wrote:Is HD audio eventually planned for XBMC? I'm a little leary of going through all kinds of steps and downloading a ton of extra software.

In a word - yes Big Grin There is AE in development which allows HD audio and a current working patch here using Beta 3.